changing data in a database
Fra : fish

Dato : 16-12-01 17:58

Hey,

With a program that i'm making, it must be posible to put al the variables
of a thing in a database of the computer. I have made this variables with a
new datatype like this:

Type motortype
naam As String
typeingang As String
ingangsnummer As Integer
typeuitgangaan As String
typeuitganguit As String
uitgangaannummer As Integer
uitganguitnummer As Integer
positieleft As Double
positietop As Double
aan As Boolean
bookmark As String
End Type
Global motor(0 To 96) As motortype

After this, a made a new record in my database on this methode for motor(1)
and index=1:

datamotor.Recordset.AddNew
datamotor.Recordset.Fields("motor") = index 'Here is the index of the
variable that i put in the record
datamotor.Recordset.Fields("naam") = Text1
datamotor.Recordset.Fields("typeingang") = "IO"
datamotor.Recordset.Fields("typeuitgangaan") = "IO"
datamotor.Recordset.Fields("typeuitganguit") = "IO"
datamotor.Recordset.Fields("ingangsnummer") = Text2
datamotor.Recordset.Fields("uitgangaannummer") = Text3
datamotor.Recordset.Fields("uitganguitnummer") = Text4
datamotor.Recordset.Fields("positieleft") = motor(index).positieleft
datamotor.Recordset.Fields("positietop") = motor(index).positietop
datamotor.Recordset.Update

When you click on a object with the same index, he has to changes the
positions. In the book pressbook is written that i have to do it as is
written here:

criteria = "motor = " & index
datamotor.Recordset.FindFirst criteria
datamotor.Recordset.Edit
datamotor.Recordset.Fields("positieleft") = motor(index).positieleft
datamotor.Recordset.Fields("positietop") = motor(index).positietop
datamotor.Recordset.Update

But the computer don't understand the second line. What do i wrong??

Thanks for your help,

Jody

Fra : Jan Olsen

Dato : 18-12-01 14:21

If You by problems in the second line refer to the line

' datamotor.Recordset.FindFirst criteria'

then the problem could be that You work with a table object, and table
objects doesn't support the .FindFirst method. (Only queries support this),
so you have to look at SEEK method instead.

Jan Olsen
IMC