bios-function
Fra : Adrian Gluchow

Dato : 10-09-01 11:00

Hallo,

My problem is to call a BIOS-function from C in MS-Dos. I'm especially
interessted in the function 51h of the System Management Bios.

much thanks
Adrian

Adrian Gluchow
adrian@gluchow.de

Fra : Dansoft Denmark

Dato : 11-09-01 00:23

"Adrian Gluchow" <adrian@gluchow.de> wrote in message

> My problem is to call a BIOS-function from C in MS-Dos. I'm especially
> interessted in the function 51h of the System Management Bios.

Hi.
I hope the code below will be able to illustrate how to use MS-Dos interrupt
in your C code.

#include <conio.h>
unsigned int PSP_Address;

void main()
{
clrscr();
asm{
mov AH,0x51 // Load CPU register, AH with function 51h
int 0x21 // Call MS-DOS service interrupt 21h
mov PSP_Address,BX // Move PSP address to PSP_Address
}
cprintf("%X",PSP_Address); // Print PSP segment address
getch(); // Hit a key
}

Regards
Torben