xDSL problem med TDC
Fra : DenverD

Dato : 17-08-09 19:52

undskyld så meget engelsk...jeg kan læse bedre end jeg kan skrive:

system as in sig, ADSL from TDC, last two weekends several times per
hour the 'internet' & 'DSL' LEDS go out as everything on the net
becomes unreachable (of course)...i figured it was just TDC doing
upgrades on the weekends (while most work is shut down)...but i
couldn't find where they said that on or near
http://kundeservice.tdc.dk/erhverv/driftsinformation/category.php?f=2,
*and* then today the drop outs continues..

each time the TDC provided SIEMENS "SpeedStream" 4100 xDSL 'modem'
recycles and eventually, (from a few seconds to a few minutes) the
LEDs light again, and all is well..

ok, i said several times per hour, BUT it might also go several hours
and only drop off once per hour, or none..

anyone know if maybe:

1) TDC is doing work but i'm just not smart enough to find it (can you
shoot me a URL?)

2) i know DONG/ProFiber is laying fiber nearby (now within a km, or
so), but i would _think_ that would be unrelated....OR is it not??

3) could this dropping off mean my xDSL 'modem' is going bad (anyone
have that experience?)

4) i can't think of any upgrades lately that should affect this; and i
don't recall doing anything to the network configs--anyone else think
of other potential causes?

5) anyone else near me, reading this have the same experience??

du må skriv dansk til mig, eller practice your engelsk

tia

--
DenverD (Linux Counter 282315) via Thunderbird 3.0.1-1.1, KDE 3.5.7,
openSUSE Linux 10.3, 2.6.22.19-0.3-default #1 SMP i686 athlon

Fra : Niels Kristian Jense~

Dato : 17-08-09 20:12

DenverD <spam.trap@SOMEwhere.dk> wrote in news:4a89a6ca$0$36580
$edfadb0f@dtext01.news.tele.dk:

> system as in sig, ADSL from TDC, last two weekends several times per
> hour the 'internet' & 'DSL' LEDS go out as everything on the net

If the DSL light goes out, it's an electrical (low level) problem. You
should call TDC and have them check your line. Something may have changed
in your neighbourhood which is causing electrical disturbances.

Phone them at: 80 80 80 47

Major disturbances are shown here:

http://kundeservice.tdc.dk/privat/driftsinformation/

But I assume that the problem is a local one. It could also be releated to
rain and/or lightning.

Best regards,
Niels Kristian Jensen

Fra : DenverD

Dato : 18-08-09 05:00

> call TDC and have them check your line

tak skal du have!

--
DenverD

Fra : Niels Kristian Jense~

Dato : 19-08-09 20:49

DenverD <spam.trap@SOMEwhere.dk> wrote in news:4a8a2737$0$56773
$edfadb0f@dtext02.news.tele.dk:

>> call TDC and have them check your line
>
> tak skal du have!

Det var så lidt. Skriv igen, hvis problemet ikke er løst nu.

Mvh. NKJensen

Fra : DenverD

Dato : 20-08-09 13:56

> Det var så lidt. Skriv igen, hvis problemet ikke er løst nu.

actually, with the info you gave i thought maybe the 'disturbance'
might be a intermittent bad connection somewhere inside the
house...between the TDC line's entry point to the dwelling and the the
xDSL 'modem' are a couple of adapters, several plugs, and lines--i
just un-/re-hooked all and have had no problems since..

if it works perfect until Friday night and then is out all weekend i
think i'll be certain it is TDC maintenance ... there is a relatively
large company just around the corner, and i know for a fact that they
'drive' the size of the IT pipe and telecom support til min lille by..

Fra : Niels Kristian Jense~

Dato : 20-08-09 15:38

DenverD <spam.trap@SOMEwhere.dk> wrote in news:4a8d47f3$0$56776
$edfadb0f@dtext02.news.tele.dk:

> actually, with the info you gave i thought maybe the 'disturbance'
> might be a intermittent bad connection somewhere inside the
> house...between the TDC line's entry point to the dwelling and the
> xDSL 'modem' are a couple of adapters, several plugs, and lines--i
> just un-/re-hooked all and have had no problems since..

The ADSL signal is higher frequency signal, much higher than the speech the
lines were designed to handle. You should make sure that the "splitter-
filter" which divides low-frequency telephone signals and high frequency
ADSL signals is the very first thing connected to the line in your end of
the connection. All phone-equipment should only have connection to the
filtered signal.

likely.

Best regards,
NKJensen

Fra : DenverD

Dato : 20-08-09 21:56

Niels Kristian Jensen wrote:
> DenverD <spam.trap@SOMEwhere.dk> wrote in news:4a8d47f3$0$56776
> $edfadb0f@dtext02.news.tele.dk:
>
>> actually, with the info you gave i thought maybe the 'disturbance'
>> might be a intermittent bad connection somewhere inside the
>> house...between the TDC line's entry point to the dwelling and the
>> xDSL 'modem' are a couple of adapters, several plugs, and lines--i
>> just un-/re-hooked all and have had no problems since..
>
> The ADSL signal is higher frequency signal, much higher than the speech the
> lines were designed to handle. You should make sure that the "splitter-
> filter" which divides low-frequency telephone signals and high frequency
> ADSL signals is the very first thing connected to the line in your end of
> the connection. All phone-equipment should only have connection to the
> filtered signal.

yes, i have it that way...

> likely.

by that term "cable" do you *exclude* the possibility of a fault in
the wiring between the outside TDC box and my wall socket (or
connections at either end of the wire between), or the wire plugged
into the wall socket which run directly to the splitter (before any
phones are introduced) or the wire then from the splitter to the xDSL
'modem' and any of those connection points?

or, are you saying the DLS LED drop indicates a cable fault somewhere
between the outside TDC box and backwards through the neighborhood
wiring, and beyond??

that is, maybe my unplug/replug just happened to coincide with
something elsewhere getting fixed in the neighborhood???

Fra : Niels Kristian Jense~

Dato : 22-08-09 08:46

>> most likely.
>
> by that term "cable" do you *exclude* the possibility of a fault in
> the wiring between the outside TDC box and my wall socket (or
> connections at either end of the wire between), or the wire plugged
> into the wall socket which run directly to the splitter (before any
> phones are introduced) or the wire then from the splitter to the xDSL
> 'modem' and any of those connection points?
>
> or, are you saying the DLS LED drop indicates a cable fault somewhere
> between the outside TDC box and backwards through the neighborhood
> wiring, and beyond??
>
> that is, maybe my unplug/replug just happened to coincide with
> something elsewhere getting fixed in the neighborhood???

The "cable" is all of electrical connection from the ADSL modem to the
TDC equipment at the phone central. Any disturbances above a certain
level may disrupt the ADSL signal.

The distrubances can come e.g. from extension cords where the wires are
not twisted. This works fine with phone (low) frequencies but it causes
"reflections" of the ADSL (higher) frequencies.

It the problem is gone now, there is really not much to do than wait to
see if it comes back. Something may have been fixed, by coincidence as
you put it.

Best regards, NKJensen