Hvad rigtige videnskabsmænd siger om arter~
Fra : Jahnu

Dato : 12-10-08 18:40

“The absence of fossil evidence for intermediary stages between major
transitions in organic design, indeed our
inability, even in our imagination, to construct functional
intermediates in many cases, has been a persistent and nagging problem
for gradualistic accounts of evolution.”

--Late American paleontologist Stephen Jay Gould

Fra : J. Nielsen

Dato : 13-10-08 17:15

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 17:40:02 -0700 (PDT), Jahnu <jahnudvip@gmail.com> wrote:

> “The absence of fossil evidence for intermediary stages between major
>transitions in organic design, indeed our
>inability, even in our imagination, to construct functional
>intermediates in many cases, has been a persistent and nagging problem
>for gradualistic accounts of evolution.”
>
>--Late American paleontologist Stephen Jay Gould

Ja, lad os endelig se hvad Stephen siger om de manglende 'intermediary stages'

(Andrea(s) må gerne læse med)

"Goethe told us to “love those who yearn for the impossible.” But Pliny the
Elder, before dying of curiosity by staying too close to Mount Vesuvius at the
worst of all possible moments, urged us to treat impossibilities as a relative
claim: “How many things, too, are looked upon as quite as impossible until
they have been actually effected.” Armed with such wisdom of human ages, I am
absolutely delighted to report that our usually recalcitrant fossil record has
come through in exemplary fashion. During the past fifteen years, new
discoveries in Africa and Pakistan have greatly added to our paleontological
knowledge of the earliest history of whales. The embarrassment of past absence
has been replaced by a bounty of new evidence—and by the sweetest series of
transitional fossils an evolutionist could ever hope to find. Truly we have
met the enemy and he is now ours. Moreover, to add blessed insult to the
creationists' injury, these discoveries have arrived in a gradual and
sequential fashion—a little bit at a time, step by step, from a tentative hint
fifteen years ago to a remarkable smoking gun early in 1994. Intellectual
history has matched life's genealogy by spanning gaps in sequential steps".

http://www.stephenjaygould.org/library/gould_leviathan.html

Fra : Claus Christiansen

Dato : 13-10-08 18:59

"J. Nielsen" <mp274808@paul.get2net.dk> skrev i meddelelsen
> On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 17:40:02 -0700 (PDT), Jahnu <jahnudvip@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> "The absence of fossil evidence for intermediary stages between major
>>transitions in organic design, indeed our
>>inability, even in our imagination, to construct functional
>>intermediates in many cases, has been a persistent and nagging problem
>>for gradualistic accounts of evolution."
>>
>>--Late American paleontologist Stephen Jay Gould
>

> Ja, lad os endelig se hvad Stephen siger om de manglende 'intermediary
> stages'
>
> (Andrea(s) må gerne læse med)
>
> "Goethe told us to "love those who yearn for the impossible." But Pliny
> the
> Elder, before dying of curiosity by staying too close to Mount Vesuvius at
> the
> worst of all possible moments, urged us to treat impossibilities as a
> relative
> claim: "How many things, too, are looked upon as quite as impossible until
> they have been actually effected." Armed with such wisdom of human ages, I
> am
> absolutely delighted to report that our usually recalcitrant fossil record
> has
> come through in exemplary fashion. During the past fifteen years, new
> discoveries in Africa and Pakistan have greatly added to our
> paleontological
> knowledge of the earliest history of whales. The embarrassment of past
> absence
> has been replaced by a bounty of new evidence-and by the sweetest series
> of
> transitional fossils an evolutionist could ever hope to find. Truly we
> have
> met the enemy and he is now ours. Moreover, to add blessed insult to the
> creationists' injury, these discoveries have arrived in a gradual and
> sequential fashion-a little bit at a time, step by step, from a tentative
> hint
> fifteen years ago to a remarkable smoking gun early in 1994. Intellectual
> history has matched life's genealogy by spanning gaps in sequential
> steps".
>
> http://www.stephenjaygould.org/library/gould_leviathan.html

Allerede den første gang copy/paste fra Jahnu var taget ud af kontekst på
nærmest løgnagtig vis:
I bogen "The Way of the Cell" af Franklin Harold skriver han *umiddelbart
inden* den citerede tekst:
*******
"We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent
design
for the dialogue of chance and necessity."
*******

Det mere end antyder, at Jahnu's spam denne gang er ukritisk copy/pasty af
Dembski's 4 år gamle sludder.

/Claus

Fra : Brian Hedelund

Dato : 13-10-08 20:54

"Claus Christiansen" <dont@spam.me> skrev i meddelelsen

> Det mere end antyder, at Jahnu's spam denne gang er ukritisk copy/pasty af
> Dembski's 4 år gamle sludder.

Findes der ret meget andet end sludder når det kommer til religion (især i
en videnskabs gruppe)?

Fra : kaz

Dato : 14-10-08 10:38

J. Nielsen wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 17:40:02 -0700 (PDT), Jahnu <jahnudvip@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> "The absence of fossil evidence for intermediary stages between major
>> transitions in organic design, indeed our
>> inability, even in our imagination, to construct functional
>> intermediates in many cases, has been a persistent and nagging
>> problem for gradualistic accounts of evolution."
>>
>> --Late American paleontologist Stephen Jay Gould
>

> Ja, lad os endelig se hvad Stephen siger om de manglende
> 'intermediary stages'

Undskyld meget, men det der, det kan ikke rigtigt passere som videnskab.
Men en fin fiktion kan det blive til.