naturist beach near Aarhus
Fra : Jacques R.

Dato : 06-06-08 11:15

Dear all,
excuse my writing in English - I am French, and unfortunately I speak no Danish.
Exuse me also for posting in this thread: my question does not relate
precisely to camping, but to naturists beaches. I found no thread
concerning naturism in Denmark, and this seems close enough.
Here is my question:
My wife and I will be spending a whole week at Aarhus Universitet late in
the Summer this year.
We would like to use a naturist beach during our free time, perhaps one or
two hours in the late afternoon for instance, after work. We are naturists
in France, we spend most of our holidays in a naturist camping site, and
we have been members of a nuaturist club for many years.
We would be thankful if anyone could indicate a good, safe naturist beach
with family atmosphere in Aarhus, or near Aarhus, and also how to get
there using public transport, since we will not have a car while we are in
Aarhus.
My wife has found three beaches on the internet:
- Ajstrup Beach, 15 km out of town, with the mention "Bus route 102"
- Ballehage Beach, 2 km out of town, "bus 19"
- Bellevue Beach at Risskov, 4 km out of town, "buses 6, 12, 16"
The beaches in Risskov and Ballehage seem to be the best for us because
they can apparently be reached easily by public transport.
Any information on the qualities of the beaches, the atmosphere there, and
the ease of public transport will be welcome !
Thanks a lot in advance,
Jacques and Annie R.

Fra : Trine Kornum Christi~

Dato : 06-06-08 11:55

jacques@montferrat.tk (Jacques R.) writes:

> - Ballehage Beach, 2 km out of town, "bus 19"

I've been here often, and I've never experienced problems due to
nudity. A really nice place with a kiosk, an open-air shower and
behind the beach is the forest, part of it fenched with deer. This
beach isn't sunny in the late afternoon and the evenings due to the
steep "hills" behind it. There are app. 80 steps down the stairs from
the bus stop to the beach.

But the bus only goes Saturday and Sunday and not very often. But
depending on where you're going to stay, it's easy to reach by bike.

> - Bellevue Beach at Risskov, 4 km out of town, "buses 6, 12, 16"

This is not the most recommendable place for naturist. A lot of
muslims uses this beach and they don't always react well to nudity.

Then there is "Den Permanente". A public bath near the university.
Outside the bath people swin in the nude. Inside are two seperated
"pools" for nudity, one for each sex. http://maps.google.com and
search for "den permanente". It's a 500 meter walk through the forest
from the nearest bus.

And as you probably know, it's legal to bathe in the nude on all
public beaches in Denmark, unless it's directly prohibited by signs at
the beach.

Have a nice stay in Denmark.

Regards, Trine

--
Hyggelig B'n'B i Nordjylland - plads til fire personer, hunde velkomne
Stor brugskunstforretning med komplet sortiment i de søde Gjøltrolde

http://www.triane.dk - I Biersted, nord for Aalborg

Fra : Jacques R.

Dato : 06-06-08 16:49

In article <uabhysujd.fsf@trinekc.dk>, Trine Kornum Christiansen
<news@trinekc.dk> wrote:

Thank you very much, Trine, this is very helpful.
I'm sure we'll be enjoying our stay in Aarhus!
Best regards,
Jacques and Annie R.

Fra : Ivan, Århus

Dato : 07-06-08 18:28

"Jacques R." <jacques@montferrat.tk> skrev i en meddelelse
> In article <uabhysujd.fsf@trinekc.dk>, Trine Kornum Christiansen
> <news@trinekc.dk> wrote:
>
> Thank you very much, Trine, this is very helpful.
> I'm sure we'll be enjoying our stay in Aarhus!
> Best regards,
> Jacques and Annie R.

Hello, Jacques.
If you want to go to a naturist campsite, there is one about 20km south of
Århus with bus 102 - Kystruten.
You tell the driver to stop at NFJ 1 km south of Norsminde.
A bit far to go, but it is also a campsite.

Greetings Ivan

Fra : Jacques R.

Dato : 07-06-08 22:13

In article <484ac521$0$4450$ba624c82@nntp02.dk.telia.net>, "Ivan, Århus"
<bakkehegnetSPAM@stofanet.dk> wrote:
> If you want to go to a naturist campsite, there is one about 20km south of

Actually, we will be staying in a hotel in downtown Aarhus. We were
thinking more in terms of a beach for a quick swim during our time off.
And of course, we will not have our camping equipment with us, unfortunately!
Anyhow, thank you very much for the suggestion, Ivan.
Jacques and Annie R.