Lidt om AJAX,IE,IIS caching m.v.
Fra : Stig Johansen

Dato : 02-01-08 08:13

Hej alle.
Vi har lidt konspirationsteori kørende ovre i nogle andre grupper.
I den forbindelse kom jeg til at tænke på 'vores' diskussioner om
høkerløsninger m.v.
Jeg klipper lige den relevante del ind her.

I suspect MS has always used the hidden internals to their advantage.
'How to kill Word Perfect' comes to my mind.

While i was writing this, i came to think of a discussion we are having
currently in some dk.* groups.
It's about IE,AJAX and caching etc..
The problem is, that IE doesn't allways check against a modified dynamically
created page. The only solution that i could provide was to add some random
data to the URI. This means that IE think it is a new URI everytime,
thereby forcing IE to request the page from the server. The tradeoff here
is filling the users cache.
I have been suspecting MS for misusing this 'ETag' for a while, but didn't
bother to investigate further.
But, inspired by this thread, i did some Google.
One of them was this page:
<http://developer.yahoo.com/performance/rules.html#etags>
Now read this carefully:
The end result is ETags generated by Apache and IIS for the exact same
component won't match from one server to another.

And think about various issue wirh IE <-> Apache, Firefox <-> IIS and so

--
Med venlig hilsen
Stig Johansen