'French Youths' torch hundreds of Citroens~
Fra : ILoveSanta

Dato : 02-01-07 14:16

Youths set fire to about 400 cars overnight and police said they
arrested more than 250 people, as violence marred France's New Year
celebrations.

However, a police spokesman said there were fewer problems than in
2005, when youths attacked trains in the Paris region and southeast of
the country.

25,000 police were on duty throughout the country during the night,
including 4500 in Paris, where the authorities banned fireworks and
firecrackers.

Police said that they had arrested 258 people nationwide by early
morning, including two children aged eight and 10 who set fire to
dustbins in the eastern city of Strasbourg.

Three children aged between 10 and 12 were arrested in a Paris suburb
after they were caught carrying cans of petrol.

http://www.news.com.au/mercury/story/0,22884,21000221-5005940,00.html

Fra : abelard

Dato : 02-01-07 14:30

On 2 Jan 2007 05:16:03 -0800, "ILoveSanta" <ilovesanta@lycos.com>

typed:
>Youths set fire to about 400 cars overnight and police said they
>arrested more than 250 people, as violence marred France's New Year
>celebrations.
>
>However, a police spokesman said there were fewer problems than in
>2005, when youths attacked trains in the Paris region and southeast of
>the country.
>
>25,000 police were on duty throughout the country during the night,
>including 4500 in Paris, where the authorities banned fireworks and
>firecrackers.
>
>Police said that they had arrested 258 people nationwide by early
>morning, including two children aged eight and 10 who set fire to
>dustbins in the eastern city of Strasbourg.
>
>Three children aged between 10 and 12 were arrested in a Paris suburb
>after they were caught carrying cans of petrol.
>
>http://www.news.com.au/mercury/story/0,22884,21000221-5005940,00.html

and now for a message expected and second from our resident dorks:-

"ah yes, but it's much worserer in the uk because of irak, guy fawkes,
george bush and coming as britain won't join the euro...."

--
web site at www.abelard.org - news comment service, logic, economics
energy, education, politics, etc 1,552,396 document calls in year past