LM motor-sailers
Fra : irving.benjamin@kcl.~

Dato : 18-01-07 09:43

I asked for advice on this group 4 years ago about the LM Vitesse 33
(didn't get much response). However I did purchase the boat (Vega) and
have had 4 years most enjoyable cruising, including Channel Isles, West

Country, France, Holland and last year to Antwerp for the Tall Ships
race. The boat sails very well, and I like to think of her as a deck
saloon cruiser, rather than an out-and-out motor sailer!
My plan for this year is to sail round GB (not Ireland, but also not
via the Cale Canal), taking enough time to enjoy our great coastline,
and a few distilleries en route.
I would love to hear from other LM owners , and the 33 in particular,
as they are few and far between, and there is no "owners' association",

even in a very loose form. I know there is an LM-Club in the
Netherlands: is there a similar one in Denmark - the home of the LM?
Any happy LM-ers out there, drop me an email.
Benj

Fra : john

Dato : 18-01-07 19:39

<irving.benjamin@kcl.ac.uk> skrev i en meddelelse

> Netherlands: is there a similar one in Denmark - the home of the LM?
> Any happy LM-ers out there, drop me an email.
> Benj

Dear Benjamin

I did a little surfing on Danish websites with a few danish search criteria,
and sadly enough it looks as if there is no Danish LM club.

But I wish you a nice trip around Brittan; how long time do you have for the
trip??

Best regards John

Fra : Ukendt

Dato : 18-01-07 21:00

"john" <john_lundsgaard@familie.tdcadsl.dk> skrev i en meddelelse

> <irving.benjamin@kcl.ac.uk> skrev i en meddelelse
>
>> Netherlands: is there a similar one in Denmark - the home of the LM?
>> Any happy LM-ers out there, drop me an email.
>> Benj
>>

> Dear Benjamin
>
> I did a little surfing on Danish websites with a few danish search
> criteria, and sadly enough it looks as if there is no Danish LM club.
>
> But I wish you a nice trip around Brittan; how long time do you have for
> the trip??
>
> Best regards John

Følgende er på engelsk for at den oprindelige spørger også kan følge lidt
med:

One year ago there was a few people (a family) that tried to start a club
regarding the LM (their model was the LM27) - they had a contact "forum"
where people could sign up for membership in the new "owners club" for
LMérs.
I... and possibly some others DID sign up - but never heard anything
further. Perhaps the project was to ambitious, because it all ended there.

Here´s a link to the homepage the family made for the project of rebuilding
their LM27 - (at the time... one year ago, there also was a link for signing
up to the club - that has now sadly been removed)...

http://www.reinertsen.dk/index.html

Enjoy their pictures (all the text is in danish).

JN

Fra : ProfBenj

Dato : 30-01-07 01:32

Thank you for your trouble. I will probably be away for almost three
months. I plan to reach Cork (Ireland) late May, then spend most of
mid-June to end July in the West of Scotland, and have registered Vega
for the Classic Malts Rally visiting distilleries in the Inner
Hebrides in late July. Then it's round Cape Wrath to Orkney and home
down the east coast. We are in no hurry, and want to enjoy the
beauties of the Scottish coast (my original home) for as long as the
British summer will allow. Maybe next year we will get to Denmark!
Best wishes
Benj

Fra : ProfBenj

Dato : 30-01-07 01:40

Thank you for that. They look very happy on their LM! It's a shame
there is no Danish group. I have found one in the Netherlands, and
will ask if we can become honorary members, since we do sail in that
country most years. The web site for that group is
www.lmclub.nl
Regards
Benj