*.inc
Fra : Stephan Wölfel

Dato : 26-06-01 03:57

Could someone explain to me what are the *.inc files that I find inside the
PWS folder ?

Thanks in advance
Stephan

Fra : Lars Hoffmann

Dato : 26-06-01 09:44

Stephan Wölfel wrote in dk.edb.internet.webdesign.serverside.asp:
> Could someone explain to me what are the *.inc files that I find inside the
> PWS folder ?

They are files to include in asp pages using Server Side Includes (SSI).
Actually they are in plain text, but can contain ASP and HTML kode. Try
opening one of them with notepad and see what it contains.
You can make your own include files and include them in as many webpages as
you like, just put the code you want to include, into a plain text file and
call it for example: myfunctions.inc (note that the .inc suffix is not
requiered, you can call it whatever you want. .inc is just a coding convention
that some programmers apply. Personaly I prefer to call my included files .asp
for security reason. A .inc file will not be entrepreted by the webserver
before it is included, but a .asp file will, therefore if you include a file
that contains asp code you might want to name it .asp so that the asp code
isn't downloadable.) and include it by adding something like <!--#include
virtual="myfunctions.inc"--> in the sourcecode of you homepage.
Best regards
Lars Hoffmann

--
Brug Validator service: http://www.html.dk/validator
- Tast din URL én gang, og validér dokumentet hos 12 validatorer