Jewish activists across U.S. protest Israe~
Fra : Salah Jafar

Dato : 06-10-06 04:43

August 24, 2006
Jewish activists across U.S. protest Israel's war crimes

On Tuesday in San Francisco, 14 Bay Area Jews were arrested at a die-in and lockdown in front of the SF Jewish Community Federation, home to the Jewish Community Relations Council. They were there to

[draw] attention to the role that JCRC and JCF play in rallying unconditional political support and financial aid for Israel and defending Israel's attacks against Lebanese and Palestinian civilians.

"JCRC and JCF use expensive PR campaigns and scare tactics to equate Jewishness with the uncritical support of Israel," explained Dr. Susan Greene of San Francisco. "We are here to say loud and clear that the JCRC and the JCF do not speak for us. There are hundreds of thousands of silent Jews who believe in justice and oppose Israeli policies and it's time we stand up and speak out. If 5000 Israelis can demonstrate against Israel's policies, so should I."

What an amazing action. Nothing like a good ol' fashion lockdown to get your message across and in the media. You can see lots more photos at Lisa's blog.

Tuesday was a Jewish day of action across the U.S. against Israel's attacks on Palestine and Lebanon. Inspiring actions happened in NY, Boston, Philly, and LA. There are photos and videos over at Jewish Conscience. It's great to see the myth of the Jewish consensus on Israel, that is pushed by groups like the JCF and JCRC, being challenged in such a direct way. Awesome job, folks!

UPDATE: Here's a video of the demo in SF.

Posted by scott at 12:53 AM in General Protest/Resistance, Palestine | Permalink

TrackBack
TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/t/trackback/5775841

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Jewish activists across U.S. protest Israel's war crimes:

Post a comment
Comments are moderated, and will not appear on this weblog until the author has approved them.

If you have a TypeKey or TypePad account, please Sign In

You are currently signed in as (nobody). Sign Out

Name: