Cartoon of Olmert as Nazi Guard Sets Off F~
Fra : Jan Rasmussen

Dato : 31-07-06 20:33

http://www.nysun.com/article/36887

A Norwegian cartoon depicting Prime Minister Olmert as a Nazi
commander indiscriminately shooting Palestinian Arabs in a
concentration camp has elicited an angry response from Israel's
ambassador to Norway, Miryam Shomrat, and a defense of the
newspaper's editorial stance by its editor.

The cartoon, which caused little uproar in Norway when it was first
printed, has become a hot topic of discussion after Ms. Shomrat filed
a complaint with the Norwegian Press Trade Committee arguing that the
cartoon exceeded the limits of free speech.

"I do respect the principle of freedom of speech very much," Ms.
Shomrat told The New York Sun yesterday. "I know it has very broad
borders, yet I believe that in this case, the border between freedom
of speech and the abuse of that freedom has been transgressed."

The cartoon was first printed in the July 10 edition of the Oslo daily
Dagbladet and came in response to Israeli action in the Gaza Strip,
not Lebanon. The paper's acting editor in chief, Lars Helle, has
vigorously defended the cartoonist and refused to apologize.

"I don't regret that we printed it and we allowed it," said Mr. Helle,
who added that he was confident the paper would not be convicted of
wrongdoing. This issue goes to the "core of the free speech that we
have in the democratic part of the world," he said.

Ms. Shomrat, however, said she thought the cartoon was anti-Semitic.
"I have zero tolerance for reference to the Shoah in political
cartoons. I think it is an insult to the memory of 6 million victims,"
she said.

Ms. Shomrat said that while Dagbladet, a "reputable" paper, has
allowed pro-Israel opinion pieces, it has been quite critical of
Israel, a view Mr. Helle said he agreed with. She also said that if
the cartoon were printed 50 years ago, it would have been fit for Der
Stürmer, the weekly Nazi newspaper.

Mr. Helle said he found the suggestion offensive. "They should maybe
apologize to us for comparing us to a Nazi newspaper and for trying to
stop discussion and free speech," he said. "We haven't broken the law
or something like that. We have broken some people's taste. It's a
question of taste, not the law, or press ethics, or Nazism."

The cartoon alluded to a famous scene in the 1993 film "Schindler's
List," in which a Nazi concentration camp commander shoots Jews at
random while standing on a balcony. In this cartoon, Mr. Olmert shoots
at a mass of people with a sniper's rifle outside barracks marked by a
lone Palestinian Arab flag.

Despite the obvious similarities, Ms. Shomrat said that because Israel
is now fighting a war, her objections were nothing like the complaints
many Muslims made after inflammatory cartoons depicting the Prophet
Muhammad as a terrorist were printed in a Danish paper and later
syndicated in numerous other papers, including Dagbladet. Days after
the cartoon appeared, the paper asked Ms. Shomrat to be the subject of
a weekly interview in its magazine. After finding out that the same
cartoonist would be drawing her, Ms. Shomrat declined the interview.
The cartoon is available here:
http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2006/07/28/472502.html

Israel klager Dagbladet inn for PFU
http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2006/07/25/472244.html
Tegningen viser israels statsminister Ehud Olmert som
står på en balkong i en fangeleir. I hånda holder han et gevær.
På bakken under balkongen ligger et dødt menneske. En palestiner.
Det er klare referanser til filmen «Schindlers Liste», der den sadistiske
leirkommandanten Amon Götz skyter på jødiske fanger - for gøy.
Dette er grunnlaget for at Israel nå klager Dagbladet inn for Pressens Faglige Utvalg (PFU).

Jan Rasmussen

Fra : Henrik Svendsen

Dato : 31-07-06 20:45

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 21:33:01 +0200, Jan Rasmussen skrev:

> http://www.nysun.com/article/36887
>
> A Norwegian cartoon depicting Prime Minister Olmert as a Nazi
> commander indiscriminately shooting Palestinian Arabs in a
> concentration camp has elicited an angry response from Israel's
> ambassador to Norway, Miryam Shomrat, and a defense of the
> newspaper's editorial stance by its editor.
>
> The cartoon, which caused little uproar in Norway when it was first
> printed, has become a hot topic of discussion after Ms. Shomrat filed
> a complaint with the Norwegian Press Trade Committee arguing that the
> cartoon exceeded the limits of free speech.

Ak ja - endnu et land der vil have begrænset ytringsfriheden i
andres lande.

--
If you want to make someone angry, tell him a lie; if you want
to make him furious, tell him the truth.

Fra : Mogens Michaelsen

Dato : 31-07-06 21:46

Jan Rasmussen skrev:
> [...]
> syndicated in numerous other papers, including Dagbladet. Days after
> the cartoon appeared, the paper asked Ms. Shomrat to be the subject of
> a weekly interview in its magazine. After finding out that the same
> cartoonist would be drawing her, Ms. Shomrat declined the interview.
> The cartoon is available here:
> http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2006/07/28/472502.html
>
> Israel klager Dagbladet inn for PFU
> http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2006/07/25/472244.html
> Tegningen viser israels statsminister Ehud Olmert som
> står på en balkong i en fangeleir. I hånda holder han et gevær.
> På bakken under balkongen ligger et dødt menneske. En palestiner.
> Det er klare referanser til filmen «Schindlers Liste», der den sadistiske
> leirkommandanten Amon Götz skyter på jødiske fanger - for gøy.
> Dette er grunnlaget for at Israel nå klager Dagbladet inn for Pressens Faglige Utvalg (PFU).

Tegningen vises faktisk også i den *israelske* avis
Jerusalem Post:

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?c=JPArticle&cid=1153291996650&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Gad vidst hvad den israelske ambassadør i Norge så mener om det?

Jeg har selv omtalt sagen på min weblog:

http://mogmich2.blogspot.com/2006/07/olmert-som-nazist.html
http://mogmich2.blogspot.com/2006/07/usmageligt.html

--
Mogens Michaelsen
http://mogmichs.blogspot.com/

Fra : Jan Rasmussen

Dato : 01-08-06 15:25

"Mogens Michaelsen" <momi@stofanet.dk> skrev i en meddelelse news:44ce6be3$0$3477$ba624c82@nntp02.dk.telia.net...

> Tegningen vises faktisk også i den *israelske* avis Jerusalem Post:
> http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?c=JPArticle&cid=1153291996650&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Det bliver oplyst i det første link til tegningen.

http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2006/07/28/472502.html
En av Israels største aviser, Jerusalem Post, gjengir den omstridte tegningen,
og forteller i et stort oppslag blant annet at Det norske Israel-senteret mot anti-semittisme
har «satt i gang en kampanje for å få folk til å sende brev til den norske justisministeren
for å gjøre Norge til et tryggere sted for jøder».

Jan Rasmussen

Fra : @@

Dato : 31-07-06 22:01

"Jan Rasmussen" <1@2.3> skrev i en meddelelse
> [...]
> syndicated in numerous other papers, including Dagbladet. Days after
> the cartoon appeared, the paper asked Ms. Shomrat to be the subject of
> a weekly interview in its magazine. After finding out that the same
> cartoonist would be drawing her, Ms. Shomrat declined the interview.
> The cartoon is available here:
> http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2006/07/28/472502.html
>
> Israel klager Dagbladet inn for PFU
> http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2006/07/25/472244.html
> Tegningen viser israels statsminister Ehud Olmert som
> står på en balkong i en fangeleir. I hånda holder han et gevær.
> På bakken under balkongen ligger et dødt menneske. En palestiner.
> Det er klare referanser til filmen «Schindlers Liste», der den sadistiske
> leirkommandanten Amon Götz skyter på jødiske fanger - for gøy.
> Dette er grunnlaget for at Israel nå klager Dagbladet inn for Pressens

Ja ham jøde svinet olmertgrisen er jo ligesom hitler et svin som elsker at
få andre slået ihjel,Ja sådan er alle de jødesvin i israel perverse syge
svin
Ja det er sørgeligt at man ikke kan kalde israelerne mænd,men de er svin,det
er derfor de ikke spiser svine kød,det kunne være ders bror

Fra : Jim

Dato : 01-08-06 09:54

"@@" <bangkok@mailme.dk> skrev i en meddelelse

> [...]
>> http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2006/07/25/472244.html
>> Tegningen viser israels statsminister Ehud Olmert som
>> står på en balkong i en fangeleir. I hånda holder han et gevær.
>> På bakken under balkongen ligger et dødt menneske. En palestiner.
>> Det er klare referanser til filmen «Schindlers Liste», der den sadistiske
>> leirkommandanten Amon Götz skyter på jødiske fanger - for gøy.
>> Dette er grunnlaget for at Israel nå klager Dagbladet inn for Pressens
>> Faglige Utvalg (PFU).
>>

>> Jan Rasmussen
>>

> Ja ham jøde svinet olmertgrisen er jo ligesom hitler et svin som elsker at
> få andre slået ihjel,Ja sådan er alle de jødesvin i israel perverse syge
> svin
> Ja det er sørgeligt at man ikke kan kalde israelerne mænd,men de er
> svin,det er derfor de ikke spiser svine kød,det kunne være ders bror
Får du for lidt fjams, siden du lukker lort ud?
Eller er det alderdommen der trykker? Impotens?

Fra : Jan Rasmussen

Dato : 01-08-06 15:56

"@@" <bangkok@mailme.dk> skrev i en meddelelse news:44ce6fa1$0$3464$ba624c82@nntp02.dk.telia.net...

> Ja ham jøde svinet olmertgrisen er jo ligesom hitler et svin som elsker at få andre slået ihjel,Ja sådan er alle de jødesvin i
> israel perverse syge svin
> Ja det er sørgeligt at man ikke kan kalde israelerne mænd,men de er svin,det er derfor de ikke spiser svine kød,det kunne være
> ders bror

Bye Bye,,,

Jan Rasmussen

Fra : Axel Hammerschmidt

Dato : 01-08-06 20:47

Jan Rasmussen <1@2.3> wrote:

> http://www.nysun.com/article/36887
>
> A Norwegian cartoon depicting Prime Minister Olmert as a Nazi
> commander indiscriminately shooting Palestinian Arabs in a
> concentration camp has elicited an angry response from Israel's
> ambassador to Norway, Miryam Shomrat, and a defense of the
> newspaper's editorial stance by its editor.

<snip>

> Ms. Shomrat, however, said she thought the cartoon was anti-Semitic.
> "I have zero tolerance for reference to the Shoah in political
> cartoons. I think it is an insult to the memory of 6 million victims,"
> she said.

Tegningen er ikke spor anti-semitic. Den bruger et kendt motiv, fra en
film til at sende et aktuelt budskab.

> Ms. Shomrat said that while Dagbladet, a "reputable" paper, has
> allowed pro-Israel opinion pieces, it has been quite critical of
> Israel, a view Mr. Helle said he agreed with. She also said that if
> the cartoon were printed 50 years ago, it would have been fit for Der
> Stürmer, the weekly Nazi newspaper.
>
> Mr. Helle said he found the suggestion offensive. "They should maybe
> apologize to us for comparing us to a Nazi newspaper and for trying to
> stop discussion and free speech," he said. "We haven't broken the law
> or something like that. We have broken some people's taste. It's a
> question of taste, not the law, or press ethics, or Nazism."

Jeg er enig med Helle. Shomrat indrømmer selv, at hun har "zero
tolerance". Hun er langt ude. Tegningen er som en god "cartoon" skal
være, provokerende.