slægtsforsker på engelsk
Fra : Svenn Trønning

Dato : 18-06-06 20:14

Hvad heder slægtsforsker på engelsk??

på forhånd tak

Fra : Leif B. Kristensen

Dato : 18-06-06 20:23

Svenn Trønning skrev:

> Hvad heder slægtsforsker på engelsk??

Genealogist. "Family historian" går også an, det er litt mindre
pretensiøst.
http://solumslekt.org/ | Cruising with Gentoo/KDE

Fra : Hugh Watkins

Dato : 19-06-06 14:41

Leif B. Kristensen wrote:

> Svenn Trønning skrev:
>

>>Hvad heder slægtsforsker på engelsk??
>

> Genealogist. "Family historian" går også an, det er litt mindre
> pretensiøst.

genealogy is strictly speaking about pedigree - male lines only

family history is much broader and more the current trend

looking at neighbours too "cluster genealogy"

http://genealogy.about.com/od/basics/a/cluster.htm

>> The cluster genealogy technique involves expanding your genealogy
search beyond your direct line ancestors to include their brothers,
sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, neighbors and friends. Check for as
many of these individuals as time and finances will allow in major
records, including birth, marriage and death records; census records;
land deeds; published family histories, etc. Collect information on them
just as you do for your direct ancestors and record it all in your notes
or genealogy software program.

Don't neglect the spouses of these "cluster" individuals. Even if your
family tree appears to be sadly lacking in genealogists, perhaps theirs
were not. Published family histories for spouses of siblings can often
provide an unexpected gold mine of information.
Census records and estate records are especially useful for identifying
additional family members, including brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles,
and cousins. Land deeds, newspapers, and church membership rosters can
often prove useful for pinpointing neighbors and friends.

By increasing the pool of individuals whom you are researching, cluster
genealogy improves your chances of locating records and details on your
ancestors. In the process, you'll also learn more about the place and
time in which your family lived.

<<

which leads to one-place studies

ONE-PLACE STUDY Website

Website for those conducting a ONE-PLACE STUDY in Genealogy and Local
History, listing and indexing the original records, and making these
freely available ...
www.wirksworth.org.uk/oneplace.htm

quite like many danish lokalarkiv web sites

I have made a start on a
one place study of Brumleby AKA Københavns Lægeforeningens Boliger
http://www.rootsweb.com/~dnkcen/brumleby/index.html

if I was to do it all I would add Sankt Jakobs Kirkebøger
and various faderskab sag i byretten

just now I am awaitng a decision on census images at
http://www.arkivalieronline.dk/

will deep linking be allowed again
or may I upload copies of the images ?

so the site is resting for two years

==========================================0

and ONE-NAME STUDIES

Guild of One-Name Studies
Umbrella group for one-name study organisations based at the Society of
Genealogists in London. Site...
www.one-name.org/ -

===================================
more or less by accident I have done a one name study on STRØMSHOLT

Jørgen (født Pedersen i 1911 købt) Strømsholt b: 20 JUL 1869 in
Varpelev, Stevns, Præstø, Denmark
http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=DESC&db=hughw36&id=I0503

from time to time family members contact me with corrections and updates

At LAK in Præstø amtstue I have found his notification to Strorehedinge
politimester of the change of name

but I have not found his original application for the new name
the file may be still in use in Kirkeministriet no sign at RA

==============================
my more serious one-nmae study is of my mother's maiden name

http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=lapham

about 16 000 of that name in USA so it will be many years yet just to
enter known research up to 1930

Hugh Watkins

Family History Researcher

and blogger