En kannibalstammes syn på moderne krigsfør~
Fra : Peter Bjørn Perlsø

Dato : 22-03-06 00:31

fra alt.tasteless:

***

In article <slrne20928.n90.bertha@yetta.net>, Bertha <bertha@yetta.net>
wrote:
>On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 03:54:36 -0500, Ace Lightning
><acelightning@comcast.net> defied the laws of time and space to say:
>
>> that's what you'd expect, but somehow it doesn't seem to
>> work that way. come to think of it, why aren't there more
>> cannibals?
>
>Cecil Adams had a bit on cannibalism recently; the bottom line was that
>although cannibalism undeniably happens during the
>soccer-team-on-a-mountain types of crises, there isn't a culture that
>makes a practice of it. Seems that was just a little story spread
around
>to scare the wide-eyed missionaries, or to justify genocide and slavery
of
>the "savages."
>
><http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a3_054.html>

He is of curse wrong, but they aren't in Africa.

There's a tribe in... uh, I don't remember where, its not
New Guniea, but it's someplace near there. They farm shitty
land and after a few years the land is unfarmable. So they
go kill a neighboring tribe, take their land, cut down the
trees and farm for another 5 years. They eat the hearts
of the losers as a sign of respect. They only kill
warrier men and take the women and kids and care for them.

The whole area lives like this, it's accepted.

The western anthropologist that studied them, after a few
weeks explained this is difficult to understand from a western
perspective. They asked how poeple are killled where he
was from and he explained modern warefare.

They were utterluy shocked. The idea they'd kill poeple for any
reason other than to survice was horrible and the idea they'd
kill poeple they didn't know by dropping bombs on women
and children was so repugnent to these cannibals that the
westerner was aksed to leave on grounds he was not moral
enough to be around them.

I am not making this up.

--
regards, Peter Bjørn Perlsø