Question about danish tax
Fra : Jo

Dato : 18-02-06 23:42

hello
I don`t speak danish so i have to write in english.
Not speaking danish is also the reaseon for this post.
I worked for 18 weeks in Denmark in 2004 (i did a practical training)
and now i got a letter
from the danish tax office.
Its something about my tax i guess, but i don`t understand it
Its very difficult to reach someone at the tax office that can explain
things to me.
So i hope someone of you danish speaking guys can help me
and tell me what this letter says.
Here you can see the letter:
http://www.geocities.com/joe85354/skat1001.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/joe85354/skat1002.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/joe85354/skat1003.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/joe85354/skat1004.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/joe85354/skat1005.JPG

And maybe you can tell me how long i can assert a claim on my
feriepenge?
(i worked 17 weeks in 2004 and 1 in 2005
but my employer send me also a letter last week that informs me about
the feriepenge
but only for the week in 2005)?

tHANK yOU vERY mUCH
jo

Fra : Michael Kjærsgård

Dato : 18-02-06 23:50

> So i hope someone of you danish speaking guys can help me
> and tell me what this letter says.

You are supposed to pay 13.686 DKK, which is shared as follows:

4.562 DKK at 1. march, 4.562 DKK at 1. april and 4.562 DKK at 1. may.

> And maybe you can tell me how long i can assert a claim on my
> feriepenge?

2004: Until 30. April 2006
2005: Until 30. April 2007

--
Michael

Fra : Ole C

Dato : 19-02-06 00:01

Jo skrev blandt andet:

> hello
> I don`t speak danish so i have to write in english.
> Not speaking danish is also the reaseon for this post.
> I worked for 18 weeks in Denmark in 2004 (i did a practical training)
> and now i got a letter
> from the danish tax office.
> Its something about my tax i guess, but i don`t understand it
> Its very difficult to reach someone at the tax office that can explain
> things to me.
> So i hope someone of you danish speaking guys can help me
> and tell me what this letter says.
> Here you can see the letter:
> http://www.geocities.com/joe85354/skat1001.JPG
> http://www.geocities.com/joe85354/skat1002.JPG
> http://www.geocities.com/joe85354/skat1003.JPG
> http://www.geocities.com/joe85354/skat1004.JPG
> http://www.geocities.com/joe85354/skat1005.JPG

It's at letter telling you to pay tax of the income you had in Denmark - in
three portions of 4.562 danish kroner.
But it seems very strange that the tax-office just sends you the same type
of letter as would be sent to danish citizens - living in Denmark - and I
doubt you could use the "Girokort" in a german postoffice.
I advise you to write to the taxoffice saying that you simply do not
understand what the letter says - and that they have to explain to you what
it's all about in english (or german!). I know it is possible for them.
--
vh
Ole C

Fra : KT

Dato : 19-02-06 07:49

"Jo" <001anundverkauf@betriebsdirektor.de> skrev i en meddelelse
> hello
> I don`t speak danish so i have to write in english.
> Not speaking danish is also the reaseon for this post.
> I worked for 18 weeks in Denmark in 2004 (i did a practical training)
> and now i got a letter
> from the danish tax office.
> Its something about my tax i guess, but i don`t understand it
> Its very difficult to reach someone at the tax office that can explain
> things to me.
> So i hope someone of you danish speaking guys can help me
> and tell me what this letter says.
> Here you can see the letter:
> http://www.geocities.com/joe85354/skat1001.JPG
> http://www.geocities.com/joe85354/skat1002.JPG
> http://www.geocities.com/joe85354/skat1003.JPG
> http://www.geocities.com/joe85354/skat1004.JPG
> http://www.geocities.com/joe85354/skat1005.JPG
>
> And maybe you can tell me how long i can assert a claim on my
> feriepenge?
> (i worked 17 weeks in 2004 and 1 in 2005
> but my employer send me also a letter last week that informs me about
> the feriepenge
> but only for the week in 2005)?

Your 'feriepenge' according to 2004 income you have to take before 30.april
2006. 'Feriepenge' according to 2005 income you have to take between 1. may
2006 and 30. april 2007.

Knud

Fra : TheLandOfTax

Dato : 23-02-06 10:25

First I would recommend you blank out the "Personnummer" before you
post the sheets on the web, as this is used to identify you. It's
written at the upper right corner AND it's also embedded in other
number sequences.

Before you pay anything you need to find out about your tax obligations
to Denmark. Did you pay taxes to Germany too? What you have gotten is a
standard tax return. Don't worry about its written in Danish. We
Danes don't always handle international events too well as you might
know. But I suggest that you mail a letter to the Danish tax office and
simple ask them to write to you in English.

It looks likes you had 16,996 taken out of you pay but 15,114 was
refunded to you. Is this correct? If I should make a guess it would be
that the tax office at first gave you a whole year's standard
deductible and later found out that you were only tax obligated for the
days you were here, hence you only get the deductible for the 18 weeks
you were in Denmark.

Regarding feriepenge. The employer, by law, transfers feriepenge to a
nationwide system wherefrom the money is returned to the employee when
he/she takes his/her vacation. If you move out of Denmark permanently,
which you did, normally your feriepenge can be paid to you immediately.
You probably need to call your former employer for this.

I have moved in and out Denmark several times and it's always a
hassle because everything is setup in a way where no consideration has
been given to people who actually are aware of there is a world outside
Denmark.

Good luck.