Ever thought about the toxins in your sex ~
Fra : Jan Rasmussen

Dato : 16-12-05 21:18

http://www.grist.org/news/maindish/2005/12/06/gertz/
Ever thought about the toxins in your sex toys?

A study in 2000 by German chemist Hans Ulrich Krieg found that 10 dangerous
chemicals gassed out of some sex toys available in Europe, including diethylhexyl phthalates.

Some had phthalate concentrations as high as 243,000 parts per million -- a number characterized
as "off the charts" by Davis Baltz of the health advocacy group Commonweal. "We were really shocked,"
Krieg told the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation's Marketplace in a 2001 report on the sex-toy industry.
"I have been doing this analysis of consumer goods for more than 10 years, and I've never seen such high results."

But it's necessary. Unlike other plastic items that humans put to biologically intimate use
-- like medical devices or chew-friendly children's toys -- sex toys go largely unregulated
and untested.

Bemærk krydspostningen,

Jan Rasmussen