ERROR 1045
Fra : Stipe

Dato : 20-09-05 08:26

Hy!

I have PHP 5.0.5., Mysql 4.1, Appache 2.0.54 installed. I want to create a
login script for a MySQL DB on localserver. When I click "submitt" button
on my login.php page I recive an error:

Warning: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES) in
/home/stipe/public_html/login.php on line 36
Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES)

Line 36 is:

$conn= mysql_connect('localhost:3306','root','10079833') or die
(mysql_error());

mysql://root:10079833@localhost/mysql (This is how PHP see my DB)

I tried to modify php.ini, my.ini, httpd.conf and some other fils, but
nothing helps... Even it doesn't matter if I use some other user, or some
user that doesn't exist. But if I change "localhost" to somethin else I get
a massage that host can't be found. So the problem is in permissions (I
guess) to manage the users nometer who they are. I modified permissions in
MySQL Administrator, and I gave all permissions to 'root' but I tried with
others too. It doesn't change anything.

Please help me. I am new in this. I deal with this stuff for three days
already.

Regards!

Stipe (CRO)

Fra : Jacob Atzen

Dato : 20-09-05 08:53

On 2005-09-20, Stipe <stjepan.rebic@zg.htnet.hr> wrote:
> Warning: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES) in
> /home/stipe/public_html/login.php on line 36
> Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES)

My guess would be that you are not supplying the right password for
the root user to MySQL.

--
Cheers,
- Jacob Atzen