ID help please?
Fra : Beng Bengsson

Dato : 06-05-05 10:11

Hi.

Anyone who can ID this bird ? VERY bad pictures though..

They are taken in the north of Sweden.

I guess it's a trush, but WHICH trush ?

http://orre.mine.nu/id/id2/id2.htm

Thanks

//Ben

Fra : Jens Mikkel Lausten

Dato : 06-05-05 11:20

Beng Bengsson wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Anyone who can ID this bird ? VERY bad pictures though..
>
> They are taken in the north of Sweden.
>
> I guess it's a trush, but WHICH trush ?
>
> http://orre.mine.nu/id/id2/id2.htm

Its a Fieldfare (Turdus Pilaris) Björktrast.

Mikkel

Fra : Herluf Holdt, 3140

Dato : 06-05-05 15:29

Jens Mikkel Lausten skrev:

> Its a Fieldfare (Turdus Pilaris)

In danish: "sjagger".

Fra : Doctor J. Frink

Dato : 06-05-05 11:31

On 6 May 2005 09:11:26 GMT, Beng Bengsson <xnews88REMOVE@yahoo.se> wrote:
>Hi.
>
>Anyone who can ID this bird ? VERY bad pictures though..
>
>They are taken in the north of Sweden.
>
>I guess it's a trush, but WHICH trush ?
>
>http://orre.mine.nu/id/id2/id2.htm

Can't be Blackbird: not black enough for male or brown enough for
female.

Can't be Ring OUzel: wrong colour and no ring.

Can't be Redwing: no sign of red.

Can't be Song or Mistle Thrush: beak is too orange.

Fieldfare: orange beak, grey head, dark tail and a hint of grey on the
back.

Hard to tell from the photos but I can't see how it can be anything
other than fieldfare.

Frink

--
Doctor J. Frink : 'Rampant Ribald Ringtail'
See his mind here : http://www.cmp.liv.ac.uk/frink/