Last rites declaration of Ioannes Paulus P~
Fra : Ioannes Paulus PP. I~

Dato : 04-04-05 03:02

"The unforgiveable sins this earth must confront and overcome are
Nationalism, capitalism, and hoarding. The idea of every nation
should be forgot, price should be struck from the commons, and
princes should be seen for the devils they are. The sins include
our church, secret societies, and other religions which make of
the spirit of God a divide."

Last rites declaration of Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla)
2nd April 2005

--
love God, and obey Him, for God is your
life."

That the Jews, for lack of that love, should be rejected for their offences,
and the heathen chosen in their stead. Hosea 1:10; Deut. 32:20. "I will hide
my face from them, I will see what their end shall be, for they are a very
froward generation, children in whom is no faith. have moved me to jealousy
with that which is not God... and I will move them to jealousy with those
which are not a people... and with a foolish nation." Isaiah 65:1.

That temporal goods are false, and that the true good is to be united to
God. Psalm 143:15.

That their feasts are displeasing to God. Amos 5:21.

That the sacrifices of the Jews displeased God. Isaiah 66:1-3; 1:11; Jer.
6:20; David, Miserere.105 Even on the part of the good, Expectavi.106 Psalm
49:8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14.

That He has established them only for their hardness. Micah, admirably, 6; 1
Kings 15:22; Hosea 6:6.

That the sacrifices of the Gentiles will be accepted of God, and that God
will take no pleasure in the sacrifices of the Jews. Malachi 1:11.

That God will make a new covenant with the Messiah, and the old will be
annulled. Jer. 31:31. Mandata non bona.107

That the old things will be forgotten. Isaiah 43:18, 19; 65:17, 10

That the Ark will no longer be remembered. Jer. 3:15, 16

That the temple should be rejected. Jer 7:12, 13, 14.

That the sacrifices should be rejected, and other pure sacrifices
established. Malachi 1:11.

That the order of Aaron's priesthood should be rejected, and that of
Melchizedek introduced by the Messiah. Ps. Dixit Dominus.

That this priesthood should be eternal. Ibid.

That Jerusalem should be rejected, and Rome admitted, Ibid.

That the name of the Jews should be rejected, and a new name given. Isaiah
65:15.

That this last name should be more excellent than that of the Jews, and
eternal. Isaiah 56:5.

That the Jews should be without prophets (Amos), without a king, without
princes, without sacrifice, witho

Fra : John Crinnion

Dato : 04-04-05 16:17

Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla) wrote:
> "The unforgiveable sins this earth must confront and overcome are
> Nationalism, capitalism, and hoarding.

Another unforgivable sin is to write 'unforgiveable'. Spelling
mistakes account for a high proportion of the problems on bulletin
boards.

Fra : Ron Lel

Dato : 05-04-05 00:32

Another unforgivable sin is to ignore the rights of women and to contribute
to the spread of aids in developing countries by frowning on contraception.

"Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla)" <john_paul_ii@vatican.va> wrote in
message news:0b5e0f75.d3ea1c98@news.vatican.va...

Fra : Tim Goodwin

Dato : 05-04-05 01:09

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 23:31:57 GMT, "Ron Lel" <ronlel@msn.com> wrote:

>Another unforgivable sin is to ignore the rights of women and to contribute
>to the spread of aids in developing countries by frowning on contraception.

How would contraception help the spread of AIDS amongst monogamous
married couples who waited until married to have sex? If the couple
is having sex under different circumstances, they are already in
violation of church doctrine. Why would these sinners suddenly turn
to the church when it comes time to decide whether to use a condom?

Tim

Fra : Peter Leighton

Dato : 05-04-05 01:29

"Tim Goodwin" <news@9oakhill.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 23:31:57 GMT, "Ron Lel" <ronlel@msn.com> wrote:
>
>>Another unforgivable sin is to ignore the rights of women and to
>>contribute
>>to the spread of aids in developing countries by frowning on
>>contraception.
>
> How would contraception help the spread of AIDS amongst monogamous
> married couples who waited until married to have sex? If the couple
> is having sex under different circumstances, they are already in
> violation of church doctrine. Why would these sinners suddenly turn
> to the church when it comes time to decide whether to use a condom?
>
> Tim

It is true that a reversal of position on contraception would have very
little immediate effect on habits. In the long run, however, it would
contribute to social policy (availability, government programs), and to
habits as well. The church's opposition to contraceptive devices
definitely enables laziness, and promotes the spread of AIDS.

Peter

Fra : Otis Bricker

Dato : 05-04-05 03:44

"Ron Lel" <ronlel@msn.com> wrote in

> Subject: Re: Last rites declaration of Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol
> Wojtyla) Date: 4 Apr 2005 18:53:54 -0700
>
> Peter Leighton wrote:
>
>> > Well, it would work, right? So why would you oppose it? On moral
>> > grounds? If that's the case, then please tell me what a church
> that
>> > believes, for theological reasons, that contraception is immoral is
>> > supposed to do? Support what it believes God has said "no" to
> because,
>> > hey, it would work?
>>
>> Comparing castration to the voluntary use of condoms exposes the
>> weakness of your argument.
>
> Why?
>
> (I'll give you a hint, just to speed things up. The only possible
> answer you could give would be based on your moral values, and you
> can't get around that.)
>
> -- Adam

Even condoms have a failure rate. Doesn't the Church actively promote
abstinance among the unmarried? I seem to remember them viewing unmarried
sex as immoral. Seems like that would help even more!

Monogamous couples not engaged in other 'immoral' activities, such as IV
drug use, have a very low risk of AIDS. With or without a condom.

Seems as if following party line here would eliminate almost all spread.

OB