Hugh W.
Fra : Baertel

Dato : 17-03-05 20:41

Don't forget.
'to be thorough I ought to find out ....'
Why not ask here. Somone must know.

--
M.v.h.
baertel

Fra : Hugh Watkins

Dato : 18-03-05 00:36

"Baertel" <baertelsen@hlaug.dk> wrote in message
> Don't forget.
> 'to be thorough I ought to find out ....'
> Why not ask here. Somone must know.

LOL

my life is full of unfiinished details

"You are not authorized to view this page" they have not relented yet

note by HPJ
46 Choirmaster, there was no choir in Danish churches at that time, only
the hymn singer,
and you had to use the school master, because he was able to read the
hymns. He simply led the
singing by singing louder than the congregation.
*
to be thorough I ought to find out what musical instruments were in the
church at this time. Hugh W

<< Yes I was surprised to find one of my daughters danish ancestors working
as a made at the house oof a Kantor - which in english is usually a jewish
singer

>> Bested Folketælling Bd. 108 s. 1- 14
Rentekammeret Tabelvæsen og Statistik 3534,108
Thisted amt I
Hassing Herred s. 1 - 198

<< when was an organ installed in that Bedsted church ?

Poor districts in Denmark could not afford an organ
for example the faeroese sang the Kingo hymns unaccompanied and evolved a
unique way of singing in quarter tones "out of tune" to unknowledgable ears

In England organs were forbidden and destroyed in churchs in our republican
days (Oliver Cromwell forbud dancing and theatre too)
As a substitute church bands thrived typically a flute and oboe or a
clarinet, a horn a serpent and a bassoon (fagot)

So the way to do that research is to look for account books and inventaries

In England King Henry VIII owned a lot of musical instrumetns according to
his inventories

googled http://www.jjkent.com/articles/salt-inventory-henry.htm

en passant Watkin's Ale
http://www.snaithprimary.eril.net/victorian1/midi/tudor/watkinsale.mid

http://www.peartree12.freeserve.co.uk/invent.html
trombones in church http://axe.acadiau.ca/~064837s/Church.htm
84 pages on flutes before 1630
http://www.music.indiana.edu/reference/bibliographies/inventoriesto1630.pdf

of course un Denamrk you have had several nasty library fires so much of the
equivalent MSS have gone forever

Hugh W

Fra : Hugh Watkins

Dato : 18-03-05 00:42

"Hugh Watkins" <hugh.watkins@gmail.com> wrote in message

> "Baertel" <baertelsen@hlaug.dk> wrote in message
>> Don't forget.
>> 'to be thorough I ought to find out ....'
>> Why not ask here. Somone must know.
>
> LOL
>
> my life is full of unfiinished details
>
> "You are not authorized to view this page" they have not relented yet
>
> note by HPJ

BTW
HPJ is Hedvig from this group
and she is safely home from Frederiksberg hospital
but tired

Hugh W