Merrilee C. Albertsen ... lost in Nebraska~
Fra : Lesley Albertson

Dato : 25-09-04 06:57

Hej alle,

Well, I am finally back in my favourite newsgroup - after getting the
new newsserver to work ) (Alphalink doesn't take it).

I'm really just sticking my head above the parapet ... but if anyone
happens to know anything about Merrilee C. Albertsen, aged 2-1/2 in the
1930 U.S. Census, I'd love to know about it.

She is a grand-daughter of Jens Mikkelsen Albertsen, born 5 Oct 1873 in
Stokkeby sogn on the island of Ærø. He was a Landmand, son of Ernst
Wilhelm Albertsen and Karen Jensen, and migrated Hamburg > New York 17
May 1890.

First settled in Harlan, Iowa, name changed to James M. Albertson.
Studied to become an electrician, and in 1903, married the landlady's
grand-daughter, Edith M. Young.

The couple had only one child, Dorothy Elvira Albertson (born 1910) ...
and the 1920 Census has the family living in Lincoln, Nebraska.

By 1930, they have moved to Omaha, Nebraska ... this time with the
addition of Merrilee C. Albertsen, then aged 2-1/2 (so, born 1927, and
possibly still living).

(And it would be so-oo-oo nice to find a living American cousin) )

Greetings from Oz,

Lesley
Melbourne, Australia ... currently suffering AFL (Footy) Grand Final)

Fra : Lesley Albertson

Dato : 25-09-04 07:51

Hej alle,

Just noticed, when my message was posted, that I had included *two*
smileys in the title ... when even one might be regarded as excessive.

My apologies - tends to confirm my opinion that I am going dotty in my
old age.

Cheers,

Lesley
(Still in Melbourne ... I think!)

Fra : Bodil Grove Christen~

Dato : 25-09-04 22:53

"Lesley Albertson" <albertsn@alphalink.com.au> skrev i en meddelelse
> Hej alle,
>
> Just noticed, when my message was posted, that I had included *two*
> smileys in the title ... when even one might be regarded as excessive.
>
> My apologies - tends to confirm my opinion that I am going dotty in my
> old age.
>
> Cheers,
>

> Lesley
> (Still in Melbourne ... I think!)

At least you didn't loose your good sense of humour - yet....

Bodil, Denmark - I guess.