Domain + peer-to-peer...?
Fra : Anders Bang

Dato : 03-08-04 16:14

Ja, nu havde jeg engang skrevet indlægget på engelsk...

Hi,

My employer has provided me with a laptop computer which is setup to log on
to a company domain. When working from home this is done using a dial-up
connection and at the office through a docking station. These connections
also offers internet access which, however, is subject to the employers
policy.

At home, my private PC desktop is connected to the internet through a cable
modem and so it's internet connection is much faster, more private in
relation to my employer and of course not subject to my employers IT
policies compared to the dial-up connection the laptop offers.

I would like to be able to connect to the internet from the laptop using my
private cable modem connection. I am therefore considering buying a wireless
broadband router (was thinking of the Linksys WRT54GS) and some wireless
NICs for the desktop and laptop and this way create a home-network over
which I could share the cable modem connection between the two PCs. My
question is wheather the laptop can connect to such a peer-to-peer network
when it is setup to connect to my company's network domain (in the My
Computer proporties the laptop is set to be member of a domain)?

By the way, The laptop is using Win2000 and the desktop WinXP Pro, but I
guess this shouldn't cuse any problems...?

Mvh

Anders

Fra : Asbjorn Hojmark

Dato : 03-08-04 17:06

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 17:14:02 +0200, "Anders Bang"
<anders.bang@remove_this.post1.tele.dk> wrote:

> At home, my private PC desktop is connected to the internet through
> a cable modem and so it's internet connection is much faster, more
> private in relation to my employer and of course not subject to my
> employers IT policies compared to the dial-up connection the laptop
> offers.

Du skal nok nærlæse den politik igen. Det kan sagtens være, du er
underlagt den, selvom du sidder på et 'åbent' net, hvor det ikke
kan håndhæves.

> My question is wheather the laptop can connect to such a peer-to-peer
> network when it is setup to connect to my company's network domain

Ja.

> By the way, The laptop is using Win2000 and the desktop WinXP Pro,
> but I guess this shouldn't cuse any problems...?

Nej.

-A