Søren Gottfried Ulrich Ohlsen
Fra : Hugh Watkins

Dato : 11-09-03 10:16

Help please for a friend in Australia

looking for a master of a Danish or Norwegian ship
and his son born about 1879 of the same name

spelling could also be Swedish

Casualty Details http://www.cwgc.org/cwgcinternet/search.aspx

Name: OHLSEN
Initials: G
Nationality: United Kingdom
Rank: Gunner
Regiment: Royal Garrison Artillery
Unit Text: 26th Heavy Bty.
Date of Death: 01/05/1918
Service No: 57096
Additional information: Husband of B. Ohlsen, of 52, County St., Totterdown, Bristol
Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead
Grave/Memorial Reference: I. E. 26.
Cemetery:Cemetery: ARNEKE BRITISH CEMETERY

Name: OHLSEN, CHARLES HAROLD
Initials: C H
Nationality: Australian
Rank: Private
Regiment: Australian Infantry
Unit Text: A.I.F. 2/27 Bn.
Age: 22
Date of Death: 23/11/1942
Service No: SX11388
Additional information: Son of Charles Hans and Frances Jane Ohlsen, of Barellan, New South Wales.
Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead
Grave/Memorial Reference: C5. C. 6.
Cemetery:Cemetery: PORT MORESBY (BOMANA) WAR CEMETERY

Name: OHLSEN
Initials: C A C
Nationality: South African
Rank: Corporal
Regiment: South African Engineer Corps
Date of Death: 17/02/1943
Service No: 213523
Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead
Grave/Memorial Reference: 1. B. 4.
Cemetery:Cemetery: SIDON WAR CEMETERY

===================================
OLSEN
Here are the results of your enquiry. There are 147 records which match your search criteria.

OLSEN S

1 OLSEN, SVERRE Civilian 01/09/1940 27 Civilian War Dead United Kingdom
2 OLSEN, SIGVALD Second Engineer Officer 08/09/1944 57 Merchant Navy United Kingdom Panel 42.
3 OLSEN, SAMUEL A. Gunner 7796 27/05/1917 21 Australian Field Artillery Australian II. G. 2.
4 OLSEN, SOREN BENDIX Captain 20/04/1918 41 Army Service Corps United Kingdom VIII. A. 31.
5 OLSEN, SOREN FRANK Sapper 20960 31/07/1918 Unknown Australian Engineers Australian F. 257.
6 OLSEN, SAMUEL HJALMAR Sailor 19/02/1941 25 Merchant Navy United Kingdom Panel 5.
7 OLSEN, SIGURD WILFRED Second Engineer Officer 25/08/1940 38 Merchant Navy United Kingdom Panel 80.
8 OLSEN-SMITH, SARA Civilian 01/07/1944 30 Civilian War Dead United Kingdom

regards

Hugh W

Fra : Bodil Grove Christen~

Dato : 11-09-03 13:50

"Hugh Watkins" <hugh_watkins@msn.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> Help please for a friend in Australia
>
> looking for a master of a Danish or Norwegian ship
> and his son born about 1879 of the same name

KLIP!

> > Hello Listers,
> >
> > It has been a while since I last sought help, but i'm now at a loss.
> >
> > Soren Gottfried Ulrich Ohlsen - my gr grandfather.
> >
> > Married in Spt 1905 to Beatrice May, Bristol
> >
> > Went to war and died in France 1.5.1918.
> >
> > I've had the war records searched, of course his info was in the burnt
series. the only info avail was the same gleaned from the
> Soldiers that died in the great war CD. - (George Ohlsen)
> > Apparently born in Fort Parry Australia.
> >
> > There is no, nor was there ever, a Fort Parry in Australia.
> > I've checked the birth indexes in Australia just in case but without
luck.

> > All previous verbal family info has him born in either Norway or
Denmark.
> > His father going by the marriage cert, was of the same name and was a
master mariner.
> > Mother - UNK
> >
> > Where and when was he born? B. c1879 going by marriage cert.
> >
> > That leads me to Beatrice, she is as much of a problem.
> > Father - John May Mother Unk
> >
> > Both fathers were deceased at the time of their marriage.
> >
> > It's all too yuk and extremely frustrating.

Easily found on www.familysearch.org

Soren Gottfried Ulrick OHLSEN (AFN: HD4F-MS) Pedigree
Sex: M Family

Event(s):
Birth: 1879
Oslo, Norway
Death: 1918
War In France

Parents:
Father: Soren Gottfried Ulrick OHLSEN (AFN: HD4F-TT) Family
Mother:

Marriage(s):
Spouse: Beatrice MAY (AFN: HD4F-N0) Family
Marriage: 15 Sep 1905
Bristol, Eng. Register Office

Submitter(s):
ROGER STEPHEN DREW Microfilm: 1512615
22 KIDMAN COURT
THORNLIE, WESTERN Submission: AF89-003470
AUSTRALIA 6108

Beatrice MAY (AFN: HD4F-N0) Pedigree
Sex: F Family

Event(s):
Birth: 1884
<Bristol, Eng.>
Death: 13 Nov 1950
Bristol, Eng.

Parents:
Father: John L. MAY (AFN: BT2C-CN) Family
Mother:

Marriage(s):
Spouse: Soren Gottfried Ulrick OHLSEN (AFN: HD4F-MS) Family
Marriage: 15 Sep 1905
Bristol, Eng. Register Office

Spouse: Bert HILL (AFN: HD4G-1T) Family
Marriage:

Same submitter as the first one.

SOREN GOTTFRIED ULRICH OHLSEN
Male

Event(s):
Birth: 1879 Oslo, Akershus, Norway

Christening:
Death: 1918

Burial:

Mvh.Bodil.

begin 666 spacer.gif
M1TE&.#EA"@`*`(#_`,# P ```"'Y! $`````+ `````*``H`0 ((A(^IR^T/
$8RL`.P``
`
end

begin 666 invisible.gif
M1TE&.#EA`0`!`)'_`/___P```/___P```"'_"T%$3T)%.DE2,2XP`M[M`"'Y
6! $```(`+ `````!``$```("5 $`.P``
`
end

begin 666 invisible.gif
M1TE&.#EA`0`!`)'_`/___P```/___P```"'_"T%$3T)%.DE2,2XP`M[M`"'Y
6! $```(`+ `````!``$```("5 $`.P``
`
end

Fra : Hugh Watkins

Dato : 11-09-03 17:19

tousand tak Bodil

Fra : Bodil Grove Christen~

Dato : 11-09-03 21:55

> tousand tak Bodil

Anytime.
)

MVh.Bodil.

Fra : Hugh Watkins

Dato : 11-09-03 17:20

tousand tak Bodil

Fra : Hugh Watkins

Dato : 17-09-03 05:32

Hej Bodil
besked fra Australian idag
tousand tak

>> Hugh,
Would you believe I had found the person that input that info into
Familysearch Rogers ex-wife) and she couldn't remember why they thought
Soren was born in Oslo. They didn't have a record of where they got that
info. The good thing that came out of that was family found here in
Australia and I've spoken to Roger over the phone and met his twin sister.
They are my mothers cousins.

I'll try those other websites you listed.

thanks for the help.

Liz
<<
Også alle samme
vi skal paspå IGI data igen og igen og det SKAL kontroleres

mvh

Hugh W