Filosoffen Stephen Hawkins
Fra : Bo Warming

Dato : 21-08-03 15:00

Der var mere teologi end fysik i Newtons liv - men han gjorde gavn for
fysikken.

Hvad gælder om følgende citater fra "teori-fysiker" Stephen Hawkings?

Mit mål er simpelt. Det er en fuldkommen forståelse af universet,
hvorfor det er, som det er, og hvorfor det er i det hele taget

Vi er bare en avanceret abeart på en mindre planet på en almindelig
stjerne. Men vi kan forstå Universet. Det gør os til noget særligt.

Disorder increases with time because we measure time in the
direction in which disorder increases.

For millions of years mankind lived just like animals. Then
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned
to talk.

God not only plays dice. He also sometimes throws the dice where
they cannot be seen.

I have hardly ever known a mathematician who was able to reason.

I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says
something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so
far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.

It is not clear that intelligence has any long-term survival value.

It matters if you don't just give up.

My goal is simple. It is complete understanding of the universe, why
it as it is and why it exists as all

One is always a long way from solving a problem until one actually
has the answer.

So long as the universe had a beginning, we could suppose it had a
creator. But if the universe is completely self-contained, having no
boundary or edge, it would neither be created nor destroyed. it would simply
be. What place, then, for a creator?

The behaviour of the universe on a very large scale seems to be
simple and not chaotic

To confine our attention to terrestrial matters would be to limit
the human spirit

We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very
average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something
very special

--
Bo Warming
Bjelkes Alle 46, 2200 København N