In my grandmother's tree: Alfred Otto ALBR~
Fra : Lesley Albertson

Dato : 08-07-03 23:20

Hej alle,

I was innocently poking around in my grandmother's tree (she was Sarah
Ellen THOMAS, b 1877) when I discovered that her step-aunt had married
Alfred Otto ALBERTSON.

Surely, not another Dane? But here is his death record:

NSW BDMs
DEATHS
4315/ 1936
ALBERTSON
ALFRED OTTO
SOREN
SOPHIE
GLEBE

And here's his birth and Christening from Family Search:

ALFRED OTTO ALBRETHSEN
Male
Event(s):
Birth:

Christening:
Trinitatis, Kobenhavn, Kobenhavn, Denmark

Parents:
Father:
SOREN ALBRETHSEN
Family

Mother:
SOPHIE OLSEN

***

What I would like to know now is - is anyone researching this line? I
have some more details now about Alfred's Australian wife, Agnes Amelia
BLINMAN, and her family (includes a transported Convict and - allegedly
- some Ladies of the Night from King's Cross) )

Help, anyone? There's a Soren Albrethsen in the 1850 Census, but I have
some doubts that it's him (listed as Single, when that's the year of his
marriage).

From 1850 Census. Listed as servant.
København, København (Staden/city), Sankt Annæ Øster Kvarter,
Dronningens
Tværgade, , Dronningens Tværgade 273,stuen (floor level), 457,
FT(census)-1850

Greetings from Oz,

Lesley
(Melbourne, Australia ... just *cold* here now, after a month's deep
freeze)

Fra : Hugh Watkins

Dato : 09-07-03 12:08
Fra : Mal Function

Dato : 09-07-03 20:45

My guess is that it should be "Alberthsen"

that could have been a common surename.

--
"Flying is the subtle art of falling to the ground and avoid hitting it"

"A sufficient amount of googling is indistinguishable from actual knowledge"

. .
|_| |_|
| | /^^^\ | |
_| |_ (| "o" |) _| |_
| | | | |' | _| |_ | `| | | | |
| | / \ | |
\ / / /(. .)\ \ \ _//
\ / / / | . | \ \ \ /
\ \/ / ||Y|| \ \/ /
\__/ || || \__/
() ()
|| ||
ooO Ooo

Fra : Arne Feldborg

Dato : 10-07-03 01:25

"Mal Function" <reply@group.only> skrev Wed, 9 Jul 2003 21:45:15 +0200

>My guess is that it should be "Alberthsen"
>
>that could have been a common surename.

[snip]

Læs venligst:
http://www.usenet.dk/netikette/citatteknik.htm
http://www.usenet.dk/netikette/signatur.html

--
mvh, A:\Feldborg

Folketælllinger Hammerum og Bøling herreder, kirkebøger Hammerum herred
http://www.haunstrup.dk/feldborg/genealogi/download/

Fra : Lesley Albertson

Dato : 09-07-03 20:26

Hej Arne, Hugh, and Mr Mal function,

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply )

I guess I was thinking along a few different lines with this query.
After recovering from my total *amazement* at having a second Albertson
in my tree (both Danish, and both winding up in the Sydney suburb of
Paddington) ... I thought I might chance my arm and see if Søren also
came from Ærø.

(Albertsen is a common patronym there, on account of Sankt Albert på Ærø
- Albert became the 2nd most popular boys' name, after Hans).

I checked my find with a Queenslander, Robert Ørsted Jensen, who is
writing a book on Danes in Australia and has a special interest in
migrants from Ærø. He had this same guy Søren in his collection, and
says that the efternavn would have been Albreth/brechtsen, before it was
*adjusted* here in Oz )

mvh,

Lesley
(Melbourne, Australia ... another mild winter's day here - amazing ))