Tips for birding books and places in Denma~
Fra : stephen

Dato : 09-05-03 14:55

Hi,

unfortunaly my Danish is not good enough for correspondence. So I hope
for your to be appreciative that I´m writing my question in English. I
am from Germany and going to spend my holiday in the north of
Jutland/Himmerland (Lønstrup) this year. I hope this is the right
place to ask 2 questions:

I´m searching for current books about birds and birding places of
Denmark in general. Are there any recommendations you can give to that
point?

Do you have also some tips for interesting birdwatching places in the
area of Northjutland?

Many Thanks

Steve

Fra : Stig Linander

Dato : 09-05-03 19:12

Hello Steve,

Fri, 09 May 2003 06:54:48 -0700, you wrote ...

> I'm searching for current books about birds and birding places of
> Denmark in general. Are there any recommendations you can give to
> that point?

About birds ...
You may use your ordinary field guide covering European birds, e.g.:
http://pup.princeton.edu/titles/6810.html

About birding places ...
The only books I know of are written in Danish.
The book "Fuglelivets Hvor og Hvornår" is quite popular and should
be found in any public library in Denmark.

You may try http://www.linander.dk/stig/birds_e.htm

> Many Thanks

You're welcome.

Have a nice trip.

Best regards,

Stig.
--
Stig Linander | Farum - Denmark | http://www.linander.dk/stig/
The Ophiuchan | 55d49'N 12d21'E | mail: "Who am I?" on Home Page

Fra : Jens Boesen

Dato : 09-05-03 22:40

Hallo Steve!

Das Buch kann man auch auf Deutsch haben:

http://www.birdnet.de/kosmos/Kosmosaktuell.htm#klein

Übrigens gibt es in Nordjütland viele gute Orte für Vogelschauer. Jedenfalls
musst du die Vejler nördlich der Limfjord besuchen.