Fishing in Denmark
Fra : Littleboy

Dato : 10-04-03 10:18

Hello everyone!

I have a few questions regardig fishing in Denmark. I have moved from
Holland to Denmark recently to live here and I am excited to continue my
passion for angling here in the Danish waters.

I've been out a few times and caught some Aborre, not too big yet but
getting close enough to be worth eating, but what are the rules concerning
"eating / taking home" fish? I would be interested to know this about the
predator fish like Aborre, Sandart, Ørred and Laks. I guess many of you
would ask "but what about the Gedde?", but I enjoy mostly putting these
monsters back than killing them.

I am living in Randers. If anyone could give me any pointers on what I
should definitley try out here in the neighbourhood I would appreciate that
a lot. I'm not sure if there's a chance at all of catching Laks in the
Gudenå near randers or maybe someone might say this is the perfect place for
going after Sandart. Any tips are welcome!

I have another question about fishing with living bait, such as a small
living fish. Is that allowed in DK? And what about a piece of small fish?

Maybe someone also know a link to Danish fishing rules in english.

Mange tak!

Jeroen Stolk

Fra : Erik Breum Petersen

Dato : 10-04-03 11:00

Funny to read the danish fish-names in an english text.

You need a ,,fisketegn" to fish in most waters in Denmark. It cost 100 kr a
year. you can get it on the post office.
With this fisketegn you can fish on the coast including Randers Fjord.
To most fresh waters you need to buy a ,,fiskekort" from the owner of the
fishingrigths. But in the Gudenå near Randers you do not need it; the
fisketegn is all you need.
Randers fjord and the gudenå i excellent for fishing after ørred, laks,
sandart, and it is famous for the aborre

--
mvh

Erik Breum Petersen
Fjern ??? fra min mailadresse

Fra : Michael

Dato : 10-04-03 12:07

And yes it is allowed to use cold-blooded live bait such as fish,worms etc..
except from in a few private lakes.. But generally its allowed.. Ask the
private owners if you'r not sure.. =)

Fra : enrico

Dato : 10-04-03 12:05

Yes and live bait is not forbidden in Denmark.

The Julekalender-engelsk

-enrico

Fra : Maass & Co A/S

Dato : 10-04-03 12:27

enrico <enricoool@hotmail.com> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:mtja9vkvbmhduvgg64nv4t3vcvmf8d7vm2@4ax.com...
> Yes and live bait is not forbidden in Denmark.
>

> The Julekalender-engelsk
>
> -enrico

Hvis du stopper "live baits ned til en sulten gedde så blir de da ret
"forbidte" .
Ka du forklare den på engelsk?
MVH Niels

Fra : Niels Ebbesen

Dato : 10-04-03 12:00

Littleboy wrote:

> Hello everyone!

Hi Jeroen

Tak a look on this site: http://www.angling-eastjutland.dk/

--
Med venlig hilsen - Niels Riis Ebbesen
http://www.niels-ebbesen.net - Free-lance grafik & webdesign

Fra : Maass & Co A/S

Dato : 10-04-03 12:07

As new to fishing in Denmark you should be aware of the springtime fishing
on hornfisk, starting in about one month. This is sort of an tradition in
Denmark, great fishing in saltwater, usually lots of fish and free ( exept
for the "fisketegn).
Very soon, you will see this group floating with discussions on hornfisk,
who gets the first one etc etc.
MVH Niels

Fra : Jesper Bruun

Dato : 10-04-03 19:07

Hi Jeroen

Welcome to Denmark!

The Danish TV station DK4 has a fishing program several times a week.
Just in these days they show a program about fishing Aborre at Randers
Harbour

According to the program it seems to be a good place for catching
Aborre.

The fishing program are shown several times in aprox. 2 weeks. So you
should still have a chance to see it.

Only you need to have cable TV to see this program.

If you are in to Put ´n Take there is placed lot of these all round
Denmark. You don't need the "fisketegn" to fish here.

Look here...
No English version but a German version. As a man from Holland I
believe you are able to read this?
http://www.dansee.dk/

Good luck!

Best regards, Jesper

Fra : Littleboy

Dato : 10-04-03 21:05

Thanks everyone for the wonderful response!

I'm glad to hear from Erik that the Gudenå is excellent for ørred, laks and
sandart. I will definitely go out and have a go at these guys.

Good to know also that it's allowed to fish with living bait. nd I can
imagine something with Niels' remark ;)

And thanks for the website address. Very useful information.

I'm curious about this Hornfisk tradition. I'll keep checking the postings
here.

And thanks Jesper! I'll try and see if I can "catch" that one on Aborre in
Randers. I'm usually not really after Aborre. But they easy to catch and
good for a nice meal! I'm not so much in to these put 'n Take ponds although
I have indeed seen them around a lot. Especially when driving through the
country on your way to Silkeborg. One after the other. But thanks for
mentioning it!

Then, I thought I'd mention some Dutch names for the fish discussed here:
Aborre = Baars
Gedde = Snoek
Sandart = Snoekbaars
Regnbogørred = Regenboogforel
Laks = Zalm

Mange tak alle sammen!

Jeroen

Fra : Alex Linaa

Dato : 11-04-03 07:29

> I'm curious about this Hornfisk tradition. I'll keep checking the postings
> here.

You can keep an eye on where and when "hornfisk" are caught here:
http://shor.ter.dk/44180173

Alex

Fra : Maass & Co A/S

Dato : 11-04-03 09:27

Littleboy <littleboy@nydesign.dk> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:3e95ce7f$0$31991$edfadb0f@dread12.news.tele.dk...

> Good to know also that it's allowed to fish with living bait. nd I can
> imagine something with Niels' remark ;)

Sorry, just a poor joke - the word "forbidden" sounds just like the danish
word for "chewed up". If you are interested in an introduction to hornfisk i
could invite you to århus. I have a 18` trollingboat in "Århusbugten".

MVH (regards) Niels

Fra : Littleboy

Dato : 11-04-03 10:06

Well that certainly sounds great!
If it doesn't mean too high waves and in open sea i'm in!

I say this because last summer we spent a great part of one day on sea with
a group of 20 other people to take my Svoger for his bachelor's day out. We
all started of taking a pill in the morning against sea sickness, but
unfortunately it didn't help for me. From a couple of hours after we went
off and til the end of the trip I had been sick trying not to puke :P
Certainly one of the worst ways that have ever spent a day. On top of that,
the day before I had come back from a vacation to Greece and had quite a
color. But on this boat trip this got so much worse (it always goes so fast
on the water with the sun there right? :) that for the three days I really
couldn't have one ray of sunlight in my face without it burning rightaway
and making me nauseous.

Btw. I found the name of that fishing program. It's Fiskemagasinet and the
next one is tomorrow at 15:00 på DK4. And for all other people who love
fishing programs, remember:
- Rex Hunt Fishing Adventures at 17.00 on Discovery every working day
- Vild med Fiskeri: Arktisk fjeldørred & ørred at 20.00 also on Discovery
every working day.

Hilsen

Jeroen ;)