Putting passwd on a file
Fra : John

Dato : 23-02-03 10:46

Hi
I want to put passwords on .pdf files that are on my web pages!
Anybody?

Thanks
Filip

Fra : john@boyschau.dk

Dato : 23-02-03 13:47

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 11:46:17 +0200, "John" <jlouis@otenet.gr> wrote:

>I want to put passwords on .pdf files that are on my web pages!

On a UNIX server :
If you have a page(s) on your root web, that you want to
Login/Password protect then :
1. Remove page(s) from root web (http://www.yourdomain.com)
2. Create a new web in (http://www.yourdomain.com/subweb
3. Create page(s) you want to protect in "Subweb"
4. Set permissions for subweb in "Frontpage Explorer"
tools/permissions/Users
5. Make link(s) from root web to page(s) in subweb

NB: On a NT server, must the server administrator first set up the
User | Groups for permissions. Then, you open your online web
in FP explorer and set proper permissions via the User |
Groups...this is not done on the client,
Or you can use ASP.

On a UNIX server is it also possible to use " .htaccess".
--
Yours Sincerely : John Boyschau.