Editing a SWF file
Fra : Lori

Dato : 24-01-03 18:23

Hi there!

I am editing an existing website, and need to make a small change to some
text in a SWF file. I don't need the full version of flash - so I'm
wondering if there is a way for me to make this small one-time edit without
investing in software.

Thank you for your help!
Lori

Fra : Mikkel (MZH)

Dato : 24-01-03 19:53

>I am editing an existing website, and need to make a small change to some
>text in a SWF file. I don't need the full version of flash - so I'm
>wondering if there is a way for me to make this small one-time edit without
>investing in software.

If you are lucky, the person who made the original Flash thing has
made all the text content dynamic - meaning that all the text is
stored in text-files taht you can edit with a regular text editor.

But if all you have is the SWF file, then this is not the case, and
you may have a problem...

You cannot edit the SWF file - that is just a projector file generated
from the original content-file (with the extension fla).

If you need to edit the file you need the original fla-file - and then
you can download a free 30 day trial version of Flash from
Macromedia's website.

Mikkel