DAT-tapes to MP3/waw/whatever
Fra : arc@na

Dato : 29-12-02 23:12

Hello, and sorry for xposting in english to a danish group, but I am in
need of EXPERTIZE!!!!

A very good friend of mine, 83 years old, and former chief pharmacist on
a Copenhagen based hospital, and quite the computer nerd (hehe) is doing
a historical project for the danish hospitals. To this end he (many
years ago) got a Dat-recorder, and he has a lot of interviews, and would
like to compile some documentary CDs with this material.

His PC is a Win98SE/Win2000pro dual boot system which is reasonably up
to date (I assembled the PC myself), so here's the core of the matter:

What SW is needed to rip these dat-tapes (money not being an issue,
thanks to the danish taxpayers), and is it at all possible to transfer
the data via the line-in on the soundcard?

This is really important for my friend, so all responses will be
received with gratitude - også på dansk!!!!

--
Y'all go and have a grreat new year party,
arc@na

Fra : Leony

Dato : 30-12-02 07:33

"arc@na" <My_em@il.is.invalid.com> skrev i en meddelelse

> What SW is needed to rip these dat-tapes (money not being an issue,
> thanks to the danish taxpayers), and is it at all possible to transfer
> the data via the line-in on the soundcard?

Du skal bruge en udgang på DAT'en, det kan være hovedtelefon eller, hvis den
er sat til et anlæg, line-out. Dette sætter du til line-in på lydkortet. Til
at optage lyden på computer bruger du Audiograbber:
http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/
Du skal have fat i line-in sampling under "file".

Håber ikke løsningen er for billig, men som skatteyder gør den mig glad.

--
mvh Leony.....Se mit Playboycasemod:
http://home.tiscali.dk/~vinci/

Fra : arc@na

Dato : 30-12-02 14:43

"Leony" <leony@REMOVETHIScyberjunkie.dk> wrote in

> Du skal bruge en udgang på DAT'en, det kan være hovedtelefon eller,
> hvis den er sat til et anlæg, line-out. Dette sætter du til line-in på
> lydkortet. Til at optage lyden på computer bruger du Audiograbber:
> http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/
> Du skal have fat i line-in sampling under "file".

Tak for hjælpen - du er en guttermand!

--
Godt nytår,
arc@na

Fra : Enu

Dato : 30-12-02 07:42

There are plenty of programs that can record from line-in, including
the Sound Recorder in Windows.

Fra : normanstrong

Dato : 30-12-02 19:06

You'll get better answers if you have a valid return address.

Norm Strong