Question about navigation in Frontpage
Fra : Evognaf

Dato : 14-12-02 01:26

Hello,

Who can help me with the following problem:

I would like to create several sites in one web, all at the same level. So
in fact there isn't really a structure.
I don't really need a structure with index pages etc. because the sites
aren't supposed to be viewed as a "web" , but I link to those pages from my
folders in the e-learning system Blackboard.

The problem is: I still want to be able to use the navigation buttons
"previous" and "next", BUT I don't want them to navigate to all the sites in
the web.

Eg. if I have 60 pages, and 5 of them are about "topic A", then I want a
"next" button on page 1, "next" and "previous" buttons on pages 2-4 and only
a "previous" button on page 5. Then perhaps 3 pages about "topic B" so I
want one page with just a "next" button, one with a "next" button and a
"previous" button, and one with just " previous" button.
And so on .....
(I would always place a link in Blackboard to the first page of one topic
and then use the "next" and "previous" buttons to navigate to the next few
of that particular topic)

Is there any way to do this within one web?
I have considered creating "dummy" index sites, just to create a certain
structure and group the pages by topic, but I figured this is kinda silly as
I 'm not planning to actually use those index sites at all.

I could also just use a new web for every topic, but do I get it right that
I have to upload my themes etc. all over again for every web? This is not a
good idea as I would probably have dozens of webs if I 'd work this way.
Or does anyone know how to upload several webs, but without having to upload
the themes etc. all over again?

HEEEELP

Thanks already for your reply

Evognaf

Fra : Jens Peter Karlsen

Dato : 14-12-02 02:51

Use individual subwebs.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Fra : Evognaf

Dato : 14-12-02 03:55

Thank you very much for your reply!
However, it seems like I still have to create an index page for every
subweb? (while -as i said- there 's no need for index pages at all, they
won't even ever be viewed as i 'm linking to my pages from Blackboard)
I tried using some subwebs but there was still a "previous" button on what
was supposed to be the first page of a new web .....

Evognaf