Opstartproblemer
Fra : Preben Bech

Dato : 14-11-02 11:46

I don't know if this is the correct newsgroup to ask but lets see:

My computer is getting more and more unstable at upstart. I get different
messages such as:
serious problems OD at 0028:c000B25c
" OE at 24x6301E150
" at 24xBFF72830
" at 24xBFF83C17
" at VXDVMM(01)+0000A25C
not valid side error in module 0000D011c51e

and so on.

My newly updated Norton Antivirus program says: No viruses.

Windows 98 1.st ed. Pentium III.

What is the purpose of giving these indications of where the machine went
wrong?

Is it possible to make corrections on these addresses? And How?

Regards from

Preben

Fra : Jens C. Hansen [Oden~

Dato : 14-11-02 13:18

Preben Bech wrote:
> I don't know if this is the correct newsgroup to ask but lets see:

This is a danish hardware newsgroup.
Dette er en dansk hardware-gruppe.

Do you mind if we reply in danish?
Gør det noget hvis vi svarer på dansk?

- If so, you should have chosen another newsgroup.
- I så fald skulle du have valgt en anden gruppe.

> My computer is getting more and more unstable at upstart. I get different
> messages such as:
> serious problems OD at 0028:c000B25c
> " OE at 24x6301E150
> " at 24xBFF72830
> " at 24xBFF83C17
> " at VXDVMM(01)+0000A25C
> not valid side error in module 0000D011c51e

It looks like there is a faulty RAM-module.
Det ser ud som om der er et RAM-modul med fejl i.

Test it with memtest86 from;
Test det med memtest86 fra;

http://www.memtest86.com/

> Is it possible to make corrections on these addresses? And How?

No, not in a Windows OS. With Linux it is possible.
Nej, ikke i Windows. I Linux er det muligt.

Fra : Troels Plougmann Ols~

Dato : 14-11-02 21:12

> No, not in a Windows OS. With Linux it is possible.
> Nej, ikke i Windows. I Linux er det muligt.

That's humor all the way Nice with some translations
Det er humor hele vejen igennem. Dejligt med nogle oversættelser

// Mr. Troels
// Troels