How to put a movie clip on top of others ?
Fra : Adrien

Dato : 14-08-02 17:17

Hey there,
just a simple question, I have a few movie clips on the same layer, I would
like to be able to choose wich one's on top of others depending of the
button I click ! they already have instance names but I can't find the right
synthax to target it to those lasts.
Could you please help me out on this ?
JFI, I'm using MX.
Thank you,
Adrien

Fra : Bo Dudek

Dato : 13-08-02 20:51

>just a simple question, I have a few movie clips on the same layer, I would
>like to be able to choose wich one's on top of others depending of the
>button I click ! they already have instance names but I can't find the right
>synthax to target it to those lasts.
>Could you please help me out on this ?
consider the SwapDepth :)

Kind regards

Bo Dudek
http://www.bodudek.dk
http://www.bodudek.dk/cd (dsl or faster conn. only)

Fra : Jan-Gunnar Nygård

Dato : 15-08-02 22:12

Hi....
You can either try the "tell target" command...

ex.
on(release){
tellTarget("your instance"){
gotoAndPlay (frame number);
}
tellTarget("your instance"){
gotoandStop(frame number)
}

osv...

OR you can try the upgrade version to controll the movie clips: the "With"
command...

ex:
function hide_mc() {

with (blank_mc) {
your instance._visible=true;
your instance._visible=false;

osv.....

Keep on flashing

Fra : Bo Dudek

Dato : 16-08-02 05:44

>You can either try the "tell target" command...
>
>ex.
>on(release){
>tellTarget("your instance"){
>gotoAndPlay (frame number);
>}
>tellTarget("your instance"){
>gotoandStop(frame number)
>}
>
>osv...
>
>OR you can try the upgrade version to controll the movie clips: the "With"
>command...
>
>ex:
>function hide_mc() {
>
>with (blank_mc) {
>your instance._visible=true;
>your instance._visible=false;

that didn't make sense, if you're lookin' at the Q again..