Muligt at bruge to eksterne skærme på en b~
Fra : Arne B.

Dato : 25-07-02 12:07

Who knows if it is possible to use two ext. monitors on a notebook/Wer weiss
ob ich 2 Externe Bildschirme auf ein Notebook verwenden kann?

I am about to skip my stationary pc with a Matrox Dual Head G400 card for
which I use two monitors with different pictures in MS Windows 2000.

Does anybody know if there is hardware to use the same on a notebook or on a
port replikator/docking station.

Have not yet decided which notebook to buy - but think I will choose an IBM
Thinkpad.

Any help is usefull.

Thank you - regards Arne - Hamburg, Germany

Posted by arne-b@bigfoot.com - please also reply to my e-mail and to the
mailgroup

Fra : Flemming Joensson

Dato : 25-07-02 14:11

"Arne B." <arne-b@bigfoot.com> wrote in

> Who knows if it is possible to use two ext. monitors on a
> notebook/Wer weiss ob ich 2 Externe Bildschirme auf ein Notebook
> verwenden kann?
>
> I am about to skip my stationary pc with a Matrox Dual Head G400
> card for which I use two monitors with different pictures in MS
> Windows 2000.

Why not use the screen on the laptop as one and then an external
monitor as the other?.
I believe that both ATi (hydravision) and nvidia geforce (nview)
graphics cards on laptops allow you to have two monitors (one is the
laptop and the other is the ext. monitor) running different desktop
sizes and programs on each screen.

> Does anybody know if there is hardware to use the same on a
> notebook or on a port replikator/docking station.

I don't know of any, but that does not mean it doesn't exist.

Flemming

Fra : Lars Møllebjerg

Dato : 25-07-02 18:18

"Arne B." <arne-b@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> Who knows if it is possible to use two ext. monitors on a notebook/Wer
weiss
> ob ich 2 Externe Bildschirme auf ein Notebook verwenden kann?
>
> I am about to skip my stationary pc with a Matrox Dual Head G400 card for
> which I use two monitors with different pictures in MS Windows 2000.
>
> Does anybody know if there is hardware to use the same on a notebook or on
> port replikator/docking station.
>
> Have not yet decided which notebook to buy - but think I will choose an
IBM
> Thinkpad.

I have a Dell Latitude 840 (99% the same as the inspiron 8200) with a
docking station with PCI slots. By putting a PCI card in the docking
station, I have 3 monitores running 1600x1200 - two 21" CRT monitors and the
build in TFT screen. Please notice that the PCI slot iss quite slow, but
acceptable for many 2D applications.

The laptop has a GeForce4 Go, and the PCI card is one or another TNT2 card.

/Lars

Fra : Claus Tersgov

Dato : 27-07-02 16:01

"Lars Møllebjerg" <larsm@xs4all.nl> skrev i en meddelelse

> station, I have 3 monitores running 1600x1200 - two 21" CRT monitors and
the
> build in TFT screen. Please notice that the PCI slot iss quite slow, but

Hvordan bestemmer du så, hvilken skærm musen skal være aktiv i ??

Claus