How cats came to purr
Fra : marianne hellemose

Dato : 12-06-02 10:19

How Cats Came to Purr - A Children's Story

by Anne Kaier

God was making cats. God made orange cats. God made black cats. God
made
calico cats.

He gave cats paws. He gave cats ears. He gave cats tails. He did not
give cats purrs, yet.

God made faces for the cats. God painted faces on the orange cats. He
painted faces on the black cats. He painted faces on the calico cats.

The cats were beautiful.

God smiled. He sat back on his stool. He folded his arms. He thought
for
a while.

Then he said, "Cats need brains, too."

God kept the brains in a clay pot. He scooped out some brains. He
gave
some brains to each orange cat. He gave some brains to each black
cat.
He was giving some brains to each calico cat.

Lucille was the smallest calico cat. She was at the end of the line.

God looked at Lucille. He looked into his pot. There were only a few brains
left.

God said, "There are only a few brains left. There are not enough for
Lucille."

Lucille said, "That's OK, God. I am very pretty. I don't need
brains."

God said, "I know you are pretty. But you need something else."

God kept the purrs in a blue box. He took out a purr very gently. He
slid the purr into Lucille's neck. Lucille purred aloud.

Then all the other cats wanted purrs too.

God gave all the cats purrs. God smiled. And all the cats purr

--
Marianne

Hellemose Somali
hellemose.som@paradis.tdcadsl.dk

Some people have lives, others have cats

Fra : Nynne

Dato : 12-06-02 13:01

Hej Marianne!

Neiiiiijjjjjjjjjjjjjj - jeg sidder her og stoooorsmiiiiler.....og misserne
spinder med

Hvor er det en fin historie!!!

Kh Nynne