CAM and nc-code (iso-code)
Fra : Anders Hvid Nielsen

Dato : 21-02-02 18:16

Does anyone here know if there exists a commercial CAM-program, that from an
existing CAD-model is able to generate the nc-code for milling or lathing
operations fully auotomatically. That is without any user interaction at
all. The only input being a CAD-model and a database of available machining
tools.
If a such program exists I would like to know about it. If not, then what is
the most advanced CAM program/system on the market today, with respects to
generating nc-code?

Hope you can help!

Stud. Polyt.
Anders Hvid Nielsen

Fra : Peter A. Jensen

Dato : 28-02-02 20:57

Try http://www.cimatron.com

> If a such program exists I would like to know about it. If not, then what
is
> the most advanced CAM program/system on the market today, with respects to
> generating nc-code?

Remember that the CAD model seldom specify quality, material to be machined,
and machine capacity. Thees parameters are important to any CAM system.

Med venlig hilsen