Pastel
Fra : Henry Vest

Dato : 18-01-02 21:22

Der er ikke just meget liv i denne gruppe

Hvad er egentligt pastel for noget? En slags kridt? Men hvordan adskiller
det sig så fra almindeligt kridt?

/Henry

Fra : max

Dato : 18-01-02 22:21

"Henry Vest" <henry_vest@get2net.dk> wrote in message
> Der er ikke just meget liv i denne gruppe
>
> Hvad er egentligt pastel for noget? En slags kridt? Men hvordan adskiller
> det sig så fra almindeligt kridt?
>
> /Henry

Hej Henry - fandt dette link http://www.pastelartists.com/ en fin
beskrivelse af "pastelkridt" ...
- Jeg ved ikke om det besvarer dit spørgsmål, men hvis du med
almindeligt kridt mener tegnekridt, så består det jo af kalk -
http://www.kirstine.dk/andet/kalk/kalk_1.htm har en længere beskrivelse...
mvh max

"Pastel that has not been sprayed with fixative, contains no liquid binder
that may cause other media to darken, yellow, crack or blister with time.
Pastels from the 16th Century exist today as fresh as the day they were
painted.

The pure, powdered pigment, is ground into a paste with a small amount of
gum binder then rolled into sticks. The infinite variety of colours in
pastel range from soft and subtle to strong and brilliant. The word Pastel,
in this case does not refer to "pale colours" as it is commonly used in
cosmetic and fashion venues.

An artwork is created by stroking the sticks of dry pigment across an
abrasive ground, embedding the colour in the "tooth" of the paper,
sandboard, canvas etc. If the ground is completely covered with Pastel, the
work is considered a Pastel painting; a work with much of the ground left
exposed is termed a Pastel sketch or drawing. Pastel is sometimes combined
with water colour, gouache, acrylic, charcoal or pencil in a mixed-media
painting, but it is not compatible with oil paint. Pastel paintings reflect
light like a prism. No other medium has the same colour power.

Edgar Degas was the most prolific user of Pastel and its champion. His
protégée, Mary Cassatt, introduced the Impressionists and Pastel to her
friends in Philadelphia and Washington, and thus to the USA.

Today, Pastel has the same stature of oil and water colour as a major fine
art medium. Many of our most renowned living artists have distinguished
themselves in Pastel, enriching the art world with this beautiful medium."